Messaging Women The Wireless Way
- Cable modems: All the rage. Carter, Wayne // Telephony;05/05/97, Vol. 232 Issue 18, p54
Reports that consulting firm Strategis Group has predicted the emergence of cable modems as a platform of choice for residential high-speed access. Projected number of users by the year 2001; Questions about cable modems' viability as high-speed access platform.
- OmniSky service available for Compaq iPAQ. // RCR Wireless News;5/14/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 20, p19
Reports that the wireless service of OmniSky Corp. is available in the market for the Compaq iPAQ Pocket PC personal computers via the Sierra Wireless AirCard 300 wireless modem in the United States. Features of the service; Results of the service's testing.
- OmniSky service beta soars over Palm.Net. Bethoney, Herb // PC Week;02/21/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 8, p49
Reviews OmniSky Corp.'s service which includes wireless access to the Internet and an exclusive Novatel Minstrel V Cellular Digital Packet Data (CDPD) modem that attaches to the Palm V notebook. Easy to use applications; Access to wide areas of Web-based content; Difficult modem shutdown; Flat...
- OmniSky links Palm V devices to Web. Nobel, Carmen // eWeek;05/08/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 19, p38
Focuses on the release of a Cellular Digital Packet Data-based wireless service by OmniSky Corp. Ability to connect Palm Inc.'s Palm V to the Internet; Cost of the service; Comparison to the Palm VII; Outlook of company president Barak Berkowitz; Venture formed between OmniSky and News Corp.
- Money Talks. Voight, Joan // Adweek Western Edition;05/31/99, Vol. 49 Issue 22, p3
Provides information on the television advertising created for Women.com. Agency which created the advertisement; Message of the campaign.
- OmniSky, Verizon join for wireless data package. // RCR Wireless News;8/20/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 34, p17
Discusses the deal between OmniSky Corp. and Verizon Wireless. Goal of the deal; Information on the computer software Oxygen; Revenue, net loss and subscriber base of OmniSky in the second quarter that ended June 30, 2001.
- Heads Up For OmniSky. // Wireless Week;09/25/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 39, p1
Highlights the sale of OmniSky's stock shares. Value of the sale; Price of the stock share.
- OmniSky kicks off wireless Internet solution for Palm V. Bruno, Antony // RCR;05/08/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 19, p24
Reports on OmniSky Corp.'s introduction of a beta version of an end-to-end wireless Internet solution for the Palm V handheld computer.
- OmniSky looks at bankruptcy options. // RCR Wireless News;11/19/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 47, p21
Reports on the plan of OmniSky Corp. to consider its bankruptcy options. Financial problems of the company; Trading price of the company's stocks.