- Video over Wi-Fi capabilities to be on store shelves by fall. Omatseye, Sam // RCR Wireless News;7/7/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 27, p12
Focuses on Video over Wi-Fi technology which can send MP3 files from personal computer and digital images from camera to the television. Formation of The Digital Homenetworking Group; Wireless companies that develop solution for Video over Wi-Fi; Challenges posed by Video over Wi-Fi technology.
- THE PULSE 2. // J@pan Inc.;May2002, Issue 31, p8
Provides an update on wireless communication equipment and other high-technology gadget. Regulations in using MP3 technology proposed by StreamCast Networks; Discussion on the personal digital assistant of Sharp; Volume of mobile telephone shipment in Japan.
- YOU DON'T HAVE A SMARTPHONE? HOW SMART CAN YOU BE? Oppenheim, Richard // Searcher;Sep2009, Vol. 17 Issue 8, p40
The article discusses the physical dimensions, features and functions of smartphones. According to the author, the size and versatility of smart devices differentiate them from the laptop computers and cellular telephones. The ability of smartphones to integrate with wireless networks is...
- Medley Of MP3 Phones Hits The Market. Mendez-Wilson, Deborah // Wireless Week;11/06/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 45, p3
Focuses on Sprint PCS phone with a series of Samsung MP3-capable handset. Features of the phone; Information on the phone's My Music web-based service.
- PLUGGED IN. Dahl, Eric // PCWorld;Dec2007, Vol. 25 Issue 12, p23
The article offers news briefs related to information technology. Microsoft Corp. is developing a wireless syncing system before any other manufacturer in the industry. It informs that Youtune, social networking site, will offer advertisements that appear in television shows. The MP3s of...
- Verizon Wireless Going Vrooooom! Smith, Brad // Wireless Week;4/8/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 14, p21
Reports on the decision of Verizon Wireless to start trials of its code division multiple access 2000 (CDMA2000) 1xEV-DO in Washington D.C. and San Diego, California, as of April 2002. Objectives of the trials; Information on the technology; Details of the trials.
- MOTOROLA DEBUTS WIRELESS SOFTSWITCH SOLUTIONS IN EUROPE. // Computer Protocols;Dec2003, Vol. 16 Issue 12, p4
Discusses the first Motorola SoftSwitch for Code Division Multiple Access (MSS-C) to be delivered in Europe by Motorola Global Telecom Solutions Sector through its contract with RadioMovel.
- Navigating The Two Roads To 3G. Finneran, Michael // Business Communications Review;Jan2003, Vol. 33 Issue 1, p19
Discusses options for migration to next-generation wireless data services in the U.S. Form of Code Division Multiple Access (CDMA) used on proposed 3G technologies; Use of direct sequence spread spectrum in CDMA; Importance of power control in CDMA technology. INSET: Will Of The WISP?.
- Vendors to make infrastructure for Chinese tests. Omatseye, Sam // RCR Wireless News;8/26/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 34, p20
Reports the agreement of wireless telecommunication companies to provide carriers with code division multiple access 2000 infrastructure for testing. Companies involved in the agreement; Indications of the agreement; Condition of the agreement.