WLAN Plan Working
- SNIFFER TECHNOLOGIES JOINS WECA. // LAN Product News;Feb2001, p2
Reports that Sniffer Technologies has been recognized by the Wireless Ethernet Compatibility Alliance (WECA) as a member. Focus of WECA on certifying interoperability of Wi-Fi wireless local area network (LAN) products; Sniffer Technologies' expansion of its market opportunities; How Sniffer...
- Ask Donna. Ballast, Donna // Cabling Installation & Maintenance;Nov2000, Vol. 8 Issue 12, p14
Focuses on the development of standards for wireless local area networks (LAN). Reasons why users supplement wired networks with LAN; Wireless networking standards; LAN protocols; System layout and installation of wireless LAN; Formation of the Wireless Ethernet Compatibility Alliance to...
- Wireless Ethernet Compatibility Alliance. // Network Dictionary;2007, p530
A reference entry for "Wireless Ethernet Compatibility Alliance" (WECA) is presented. It is the former name of the Wi-Fi Alliance of vendors promoting 802.11 wireless networking standards and compatibility.
- Wi-Fi and beyond. Tanner, John C. // Wireless Asia;Aug2002, Vol. 5 Issue 7, p14
Points out that the wireless local area network (WLAN) has quickly evolved from a home or office network access product to a service it is getting popular in Asia. Wireless Ethernet Compatibility Alliance certification of Wi-fi product interoperbility; Hot spot deployments of WLAN in Asia;...
- Wireless Ethernet attracts new vendors, issues new certifications. Schweber, Bill // EDN;03/01/2001, Vol. 46 Issue 5, p13
Reports on the Wireless Ethernet Compatibility Alliance's awarding of additional product certifications to an array of local area network-related products from various vendors. Total number of vendors with certified products; Efforts of the alliance to encourage consumer interest in the products.
- Togetherness, For the Wireless Ethernet. Albright, Peggy // Wireless Week;08/30/99, Vol. 5 Issue 35, p20
Reports on the Wireless Ethernet Compatibility Alliance, formed by several companies that develop wireless local area networks. Function of the alliance; Companies that participated in forming the alliance; Comments from Bob Egan, research director at the Garner Group.
- PRISM II WLAN REFERENCE DESIGN RECEIVES `WI-FI' CERTIFICATION. // LAN Product News;Oct2000, p1
Reports the Wi-Fi certification of Intersil PRISM II Reference Design by the Wireless Ethernet Compatibility Alliance in the United States. Basis of certification on the IEEE 802.11 standard; Advantages of Wi-Fi local area network (LAN) systems; Adoption of the PRISM WLAN chips by companies;...
- Wireless Home Networking. Fisher, Chris // Wireless Week;10/02/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 40, p73
Asserts that only wireless technology can satisfy multimedia home network consumers. Problem facing the home networking market; Efforts of the Wireless Ethernet Compatibility Alliance on interoperability between different devices in a home network.
- Interoperability lab launches voice over WLAN testbed. // Portable Design;Jun2005, Vol. 11 Issue 6, p6
This article repots on the launch of an industry reference testbed for voice over wireless (VoWLAN) testing by the University of New Hampshire Interoperability Laboratory in Durham, New Hampshire. The testbed combines a VoWLAN test suite with the laboratory's extensive wireless testing facilities.