NTP Board Weighs Health Research
- EMI, RFI, and ESD products. Buchanan, Betsy // ECN: Electronic Component News;Apr98, Vol. 42 Issue 4, p95
Looks at some additions to the electromagnetic compatibility marketplace in the United States. Includes Rubbercraft Corp.'s conductive elastomers; Wieland Electric's grounding clamp; Amplifier Research's compact interference generators; Hewlett-Packard's software.
- Magnetic fields pop dents. // Machine Design;1/25/96, Vol. 68 Issue 2, p42
Features the electromagnetic dent puller developed for McDonnell-Douglas Aerospace. How the electromagnetic process works; Effectiveness; Flux coil setup.
- Spherical reflector as an electromagnetic-missile launcher. Shen, Hao-Ming // Journal of Applied Physics;7/1/1990, Vol. 68 Issue 1, p1
Deals with a study which analyzed spherical reflector as an electromagnetic-missile launcher. Sources and properties of electromagnetic missiles; Methodology of the study; Results and discussion.
- GARBAGE IN, GARBAGE OUT. // Underground Focus: The Magazine of Below-Ground Damage Preventio;2015, Vol. 29 Issue 4, p22
The article focuses on the use of electro-magnetic (EM) locating equipment and survey grade collection equipment for complete system distribution.
- H- beam extraction experiments on the Culham small multipole source. McAdams, R.; Holmes, A. J. T.; Nightingale, M. P. S. // Review of Scientific Instruments;Jun88, Vol. 59 Issue 6, p895
Beam extraction experiments have been carried out on a multicusp volume H- ion source operated in a dc mode. With an extraction aperture of 16-mm diameter, negative ion beams of up to 15 mA cm-2 have been extracted. Some experiments have been performed to investigate the physics of beam...
- Development of the electromagnetically launched expanding ring as a high-strain-rate test technique. Gourdin, W. H.; Weinland, S. L.; Boling, R. M. // Review of Scientific Instruments;Mar89, Vol. 60 Issue 3, p427
Improvements to the electromagnetically launched expanding ring experiment that make the technique more reproducible, analyzable, and amenable to the rapid testing of many specimens are presented. Aspects of the design and containment of the primary solenoid, high-voltage switching, and...
- Electromagnetic sensors put a spin on compasses. Travis, Bill // EDN;3/14/96, Vol. 41 Issue 6, p77
Describes the technologies used for electromagnetic sensors that were designed to replace the magnetized-needle compass technology. Operating theory of Hall-effect devices; Flux-gate sensors available from Applied Physics Systems; Permalloy-based magnetoresistive sensors; Typical three-axis...
- E-BOMB. Wilson, Jim // Popular Mechanics;Sep2001, Vol. 178 Issue 9, p50
Warns against the danger of electromagnetic bombs (E-bombs). Damage that could be caused by e-bombs; Details on the test of an E-bomb in the United States; Cost of building a basic E-bomb; Theory behind the E-bomb.
- Flomerics simplifies radio design. // Electronics Weekly;4/10/2002, Issue 2047, p2
Reports the launching of Micro-stripes V6.0 from Flomerics.