Nextlink Touts European Deal, New Investment
- Flying high. Meyers, Jason // Telephony;03/13/2000, Vol. 238 Issue 11, p30
Presents information on Nextlink Communications, part of the communications collective of Craig McCaw. Background of Nextlink; Overview of the company's technology, management and finance; Formula behind the broadband wireless access project of the company. INSET: Change management.
- Nextlink to use Triton rings. Gohring, Nancy // Telephony;05/22/2000, Vol. 238 Issue 21, p33
Announces the decision of Nextlink Communications to use Triton Network Systems' consecutive point broadband radios. How the radios operate; Reasons for broadband wireless operators' criticisms of ring-based radio architectures; Features of the Triton system.
- Nextlink by its bootstraps. Miller, Elizabeth Starr // Telephony;07/31/2000, Vol. 239 Issue 5, p17
Reports on the first phase of a major network buildout and a major step in the evolution of Nextlink Communications to become an integrated service provider in North America. Acquisition of Concentric Network by Netlink; Option of Nextlink to deploy an optical switching platform; Broadband...
- Leading The Way At Nextlink. // Wireless Week;09/27/99, Vol. 5 Issue 39, p30
Interviews Steven Hooper, chairman and chief executive officer of Nextlink Communications Inc., regarding the operating strategy and business plans of the company. Deployment of various services of Nextlink; Introduction of local multipoint distribution service (LMDS) by the company.
- XO scores funding amid 1Q loss. Smith, Hilary // RCR Wireless News;4/30/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 18, p6
Announces that Forstmann Little and Co. has agreed to invest in XO Communications Inc. Amount of the investment; Terms of the investment deal; Financial results of XO for the first quarter ending March 31, 2001.
- Nextlink spreads its wings overseas. Pappalardo, Denise // Network World;06/05/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 23, p33
Announces NextLink's expansion of its network overseas with an investment in dark fiber throughout Europe. Value of European network capacity bought by Nextlink; Metropolitan route miles that will carry local voice and data traffic; Nextlink's European intercity network; Forstmann Little's...
- INVESTMENT BANKING DATABASE: Private Equity. // Investment Dealers' Digest;01/21/2002, Vol. 68 Issue 3, p51
Present data concerning investment in private equities in the United States as of January 2002. Data on private equity fundraising; Measures to address the financial problems of McLeodUSA Inc.; Acquisition of Reston by Forstmann Little.
- Intelisys: What To Do With $65 Million. Cone, Edward // Inter@ctive Week;12/06/99, Vol. 6 Issue 50, p42
Focuses on the investment received by Intelisys Electronic Commerce from Forstmann Little & Co. Terms of the investment deal; Plans of Intelisys for the investment; Other companies backing Intelisys; Background of the deal signed by Intelisys with Intuit.
- INVESTMENT BANKING DATABASE: Private Equity. Burns, Mairin // Investment Dealers' Digest;5/12/2003, Vol. 69 Issue 19, p20
This article presents information about developments in the private equity sector of the U.S. as of May 12, 2003. Pension and endowment funds ramped up their allocations to alternative investments in 2002 as an antidote to losses incurred on their domestic equity investments, according to a...