Telematics' Promise, And Problems
- County selects SCC to manage emergency database services. // Worldwide Databases;Apr2000, Vol. 12 Issue 4, p5
Reports on Harris County, Texas' selection of SCC Communications Corp. to provide database management services to the county's 911 emergency network. Average number of calls received by the network daily; Results of trials conducted on SCC's services; Support provided by the company to all...
- Safety measures. Parthenios, Amalia D. // Telephony;02/26/2001, Vol. 240 Issue 9, p74
Provides information on the Internet Protocol-based next generation network initiative called 9-1-1 SafetyNet from SCC Communications company. Nature of the initiative; Alliance formed by the firm with hardware companies and third-party software providers; Approach of the company in its network...
- U S West Wireless deploys Phase 1 E911 in Minn. // RCR;06/14/99, Vol. 18 Issue 24, p27
Announces US West Wireless and SCC Communications Corp.'s deployment of Phase 1 wireless enhanced 911 for US West Advanced PCS customers in the Minneapolis/Saint Paul, Minnesota area. Routing of emergency calls to the nearest public safety answering point.
- BellSouth and SCC join to update 911. // RCR;11/24/97, Vol. 16 Issue 46, p8
Focuses on the strategic alliance formed between BellSouth Corp. and SCC Communications Corp. to enhance BellSouth's 911 system. Features of the 911 public-safety answering agencies; Information about the updated system of the companies.
- Technology saves the day...or does it? // Communications News;Sep98, Vol. 35 Issue 9, p20
Focuses on the effect of technological innovations on 9-1-1 call centers in the United States. Proliferation of computer technology in call centers since the mid-1980s; Use of personal computer (PC) network solutions in public safety information technology; Development of computer telephony...
- Outstanding Call Center. Rybak, R. T. // Emergency Management;Mar/Apr2009, Vol. 4 Issue 2, p58
In this article the author talks about the performance of the Minneapolis Emergency Communications Center (MECC) in Minnesota. The MECC staff answers about 660,000 calls yearly. The author describes the success of the MECC which he says did not come by chance. He relates that he is proud that...
- SCC Now Connecting Triton To 911. // Wireless Week;08/28/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 35, p34
Reports that SCC Communications Corp. will provide Triton PCS with its 9-1-1Connect services in the carriers' mid-Atlantic markets. What 9-1-1Connect includes; Other functions of SCC.
- SCC 911 enhancement aids WLL carriers. Beckman, Kristen // RCR;09/21/98, Vol. 17 Issue 38, p83
Focuses on the announcement made by SCC Communications Corp. regarding an enhancement to the company's 9-1-1Connect service, which provides a 911 operation support system service for local telecommunications carriers using wireless local loop (WLL) technology. Comments from Eric Sorensen,...
- telematics gets personal. Vicenti, Alex // Automotive Engineer;Jul/Aug2002, Vol. 27 Issue 7, p43
Reports on issues regarding the use of telematics in automobiles as of July 2002. Factors driving the growth of location-based services; Concerns on privacy in location-based services; Information on the E-911 emergency services program in the U.S.