- To The Rescue. // Global Telephony;Nov2001, Vol. 9 Issue 10, p16
Presents a list of donations from telecommunication companies to the victims of the United States terrorist attack. Implementation of a charitable program; Enumeration of Websites accepting donations; Amounts of donations.
- Survey: High tech pays women less. McConville, Jim // Electronic Media;10/26/98, Vol. 17 Issue 44, p50
Highlights the salary survey entitled `Technical Pay Gap' by the Women in Cable & Telecommunications Foundation on the pay difference between men and women in the technical side of the telecommunications business in the United States in 1997. Comparison with pay difference in the multiple video...
- Good to Be Green. // Wireless Review;01/15/2001, Vol. 18 Issue 2, p12
Encourages the wireless communication industry in the United States to adopt programs that can make a difference in the environment and the society. Details on recycling programs for wireless telephones and accessories; Donation of phones to economically challenged people; Donations to victims...
- CTIA's Wireless Foundation expands Donate-A-Phone with its Return Outreach Initiative. Weaver, Heather Forsgren // RCR Wireless News;6/18/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 25, p10
Reports on the expansion made by the Wireless Foundation, the charitable arm of the Cellular Telecommunications & Internet Association, for its Donate-A-Phone program. Reason for the expansion; Partner of the foundation; How the expansion process is expected to work.
- Costly Donation. // Wireless Week;3/15/2005, Vol. 11 Issue 7, p74
Provides information on the telephone donation programs in the U.S. Remarks from Anne Marshall, western regional director of public relations for Cingular Wireless.
- Watson, come quick. // Curriculum Review;Feb96, Vol. 35 Issue 6, p11
Looks at the communication difficulties in schools phone services. Information on phone services in schools; Views from Patty Burness of George Lucas Educational Foundation.
- Gaza/West Bank. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;2/26/1999, Vol. 43 Issue 8, p20
Reports on developments in the Gaza Strip and West Bank as of February 26, 1999. Palestine Telecommunications Co.'s awarding of a contract to Alcatel Teletas to supply card-operated payphones and related systems; Americares' shipment of medical supplies to the Palestinian Authority in early...
- In Their Own Words: How Kaitz Grants Help a Trio of Orgs. // Multichannel News;9/17/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 37, p30
The article focuses on the grants provided by the Walter Kaitz Foundation. The article discusses the initiative that each beneficiary organization will launch to seek Kaitz funding. The grants, according to Kaitz officials, are designed to support the organization's various diversity-related...
- Calling all Environmentalists. // Mother Earth News;Dec2003/Jan2004, Issue 201, p18
No abstract available.