Fiber-optic cable project announced
- Fiber-optic cable. // Industrial Physicist;Aug1999, Vol. 5 Issue 4, p16
Speculates the increase on the length for undersea fiber optic cable by 2003. Factors affecting the increase; Spending plans of telecommunication companies for fiber optic cables; Growth on the capacity of fiber optic global network.
- Utility workers learn to install fiberoptic cable. Marks, John // Electrical World;Aug97, Vol. 211 Issue 8, p29
Presents information on the installation of fiberoptic cable in the United States. Types of fiberoptic cable used for underground and overhead; Comments from Victor Monfort, supervisor of communications at Jacksonville Electric Authority; Perception that this type of installation is rather...
- Fiber optic company has its eye on local gas lines. Brannon, Keith // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);12/31/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 28, p14
Examines the fiber optic-based Internet connection through local gas lines in California. Reduction on the cost of laying down fiber lines; Advantage of optic-based Internet; Assessment on the problems of telecommunications industry.
- Fiber cable fundamentals. Vokey, David // Telephony;08/17/98, Vol. 235 Issue 7, p36
Stresses the need for companies that deploy fiber optic cable to weigh often-overlooked factors, such as proper grounding and contractor dig-ups, when they choose a cable design. Cost/performance tradeoffs of design options, metallic-armored or all-dielectric; Use of direct-buried design for...
- Fiber optic cable management system. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);01/26/2001, Vol. 48 Issue 4, p34A
Presents a patent for fiber optic cable management system in Long Island, New York. Inventor of the cable management system; Design and components of the system; Functions of the cable management system; List of patents issued to companies for the month of January 2001.
- Fiber ring races under Pacific. Harrison, Ben // Lightwave;Mar97, Vol. 14 Issue 3, p1
Reports on the completion of the $1.24 billion TPC-5 fiber-ring network which spans more than 24,000 kilometer between the United States and Japan. Cable network's ability to transmit 5 Gbits/second over one fiber pair; Network's closed loop system; Added restoration capabilities.
- Gemini submarine link steps closer to completion. Hardy, Stephen // Lightwave;Oct97, Vol. 14 Issue 11, p1
Reports that the Gemini submarine fiber-optic cable venture is in its final stage of development with the final splicing of its southern route connecting London, England to New York City. Anticipated benefits of the project for telecommunications traffic in the two cities; Joint-venturing...
- Field-aging study shows strength of optical ground wire cable. Lundergan, Mark L.; Dallas, Kurt M. // Lightwave;Oct97, Vol. 14 Issue 11, p39
Presents the results of a study conducted by Corning Inc. and Alcoa Fujikura Ltd. on field-aged fiber-optic cable to determine whether cable aging in the field is different with aging in the laboratory environments. Absence of signs of attenuation increase due to aging or bending; Attenuation...
- U.S. CLEC revenues are expected to climb steadily due to strong fiber deployments. // Lightwave;Sep99, Vol. 16 Issue 10, p156
Predicts the revenues of competitive local-exchange carriers (CLEC) in the United States (US). Annual growth rate of CLEC up to 2004; Categories of CLEC; Growth of the CLEC market in the US; Estimated length of fiber-optic cable deployed in the US in 1998.