- The Driver/Engineer. Wells, Jerry // Fire Engineering;Jun2007, Vol. 160 Issue 6, p28
This article discusses firefighters, the driver/engineer position, and how many in the profession believe that the engineer position is a drudgery. The author discusses his own point of view having occupied that job. The responsibilities of an engineer include familiarity with the district, the...
- Murray fund-raiser set June 27. // Graham Leader;6/10/2009, Vol. 133 Issue 86, p3A
The article reports on the homecooked barbeque and auction hosted by the Murray Volunteer Fire Department which will be held on June 27, 2009 at the Murray Fire Station in Graham, Young County, Texas. According to the article, the proceeds of the event is intended to finance the replacement and...
- How to inspect, maintain fire apparatus after disaster response. Faulkner, Jimmy // Fire Chief Expert Blog;7/ 9/2013, p1
The article focuses on fire service apparatus maintenance after disaster response. It suggests that emergency vehicle technicians (EVT) conduct an after-action review that starts with a visual inspection of the vehicle, inspecting the tires first before it leaves the incident scene. Other...
- A PLAN FOR TOOL AND EQUIPMENT MAINTENANCE. Downey, Ray // Fire Engineering;Jun2000, Vol. 153 Issue 6, p18
Offers fire service personnel advice on how to ensure proper tool and equipment maintenance through an office maintenance log. Compartment system; Weekly maintenance schedule; Grouping by power source; Design of the maintenance checklist.
- COST-EFFECTIVE ENGINE PLAYS VITAL ROLE. Casaus, Louie // Fire Management Today;Winter2002, Vol. 62 Issue 1, p40
Examines the importance of cost-effective fire engines on fire prevention in the U.S. Emphasis on the fire fighting resources; Usability of grill guard; Recognition of firefighter, Thomas Bachicha for assisting the firefighting equipment.
- Observing Fire Prevention Week. // Breckenridge American;10/11/2008, p1
A photograph of firefighter Brent Holley with the first-graders of East Elementary in Breckenridge, Texas sounding the siren in a fire truck during Fire Prevention Week in October 2008 is presented.
- Fire Truck Safety Improves. Luntz, Stephen // Australasian Science;Jan/Feb2003, Vol. 24 Issue 1, p7
Reports on the use of a bushfire simulator to test a spray system developed by Australian agencies that will protect fire trucks caught in a burnover. Benefits of firefighters; Results of the testing program; Mechanism of the spray system.
- Truck tech 2000 transportation taps technology highway. // Beverage Industry;Nov99, Vol. 90 Issue 11, p74
Reports developments in the design and construction of trucks for transportation of beverages in the United States. Includes T2000 Advanced Technology Truck by Kenworth Truck Co.; Launch of the Acterra line of Class 5-8 medium-duty trucks by Sterling Truck Corp.; Development of Diamond SPEC for...
- FOND FAREWELL. // Truck & Driver;Jun2003, p22
The article focuses on vehicle Vauxhall Combo. In the first long-term test appraisal of the Combo, the torque dropped off sharply at the lower end of the rev range, most noticeably in second gear. This turned out to be the Combo's only real vice. In any case, it's nothing a bit of subtle engine...