A SUPPER SUNDAY
- Super Shooter. Howard, Lucy; O'Donnell, Paul; Stevenson, Seth; Oxfeld, Jesse // Newsweek;2/1/1999, Vol. 133 Issue 5, p8
Mentions Denver, Colorado police preparations for crowd control at the January 1999 Super Bowl football game. Efforts to discourage bars from offering so-called shooters, or highly intoxicating sweet alcoholic potions.
- Let's go to the Super Bowl! // Weekly Reader News - Edition 4;1/16/2004, Vol. 85 Issue 17, p7
Focuses on the Super Bowl in Houston, Texas.
- Super Bowl word puzzle. Atkin, Ross // Christian Science Monitor;1/27/95, Vol. 87 Issue 43, p10
Presents a puzzle on the National Football League's Super Bowl championship game.
- NFL owners approve move to yank Super Bowl from Phoenix. // Jet;4/8/91, Vol. 79 Issue 25, p46
Reports on the recommendation approved by NFL owners that rights to the 1993 Super Bowl be taken from Phoenix, Arizona, after the state failed to approve a state holiday honoring Martin Luther King Jr.
- Houston Super Bowl bid hits MLK holiday snag. // Jet;4/22/91, Vol. 80 Issue 1, p51
Discusses the problems surrounding a Houston site for the 1995 Super Bowl, due to the lack of a fully paid holiday honoring the Rev. Martin Luther King Jr., according to Texas legislators and civil rights advocates. Current combined holiday; Comments by black leaders.
- Washington Redskins blow out Bills 37-24 in Super Bowl XXVI. // Jet;2/10/92, Vol. 81 Issue 16, p52
Recounts Super Bowl XXVI between the Washington Redskins and the Buffalo Bills. Washington won, 37-24. Difficult game for Bills; Washington's modified no-huddle offense; Comments from Buffalo's Bruce Smith and Washington's Wilber Marshall; Mark Rypien game's MVP (most valuable player).
- BOWLED OVER. Diliberto, Buddy // New Orleans Magazine;Jan2002, Vol. 36 Issue 4, p40
Explores how New Orleans, Louisiana become the number one destination city for one of United States' biggest sporting event, the Super Bowl.
- Domino's Super Bowl survey cites pizza lovers as Steeler fans, too. Kapner, Suzanne // Nation's Restaurant News;2/19/96, Vol. 30 Issue 8, p30
Reports on results of a survey conducted by Domino's Pizza during the 1996 Super Bowl football game. Pizza orders from Pittsburgh Steelers football team.
- HOB rocks and rolls at Super Bowl XXXI. // Nation's Restaurant News;2/17/97, Vol. 31 Issue 7, p60
Reports on the halftime musical extravaganza at the Super Bowl XXXI in New Orleans, Louisiana. Featured performers; Beneficiaries of the proceeds from the show.