National Grants Provide Turnout Gear
- COMPANY NEWS. // Fire Chief;May2008, Vol. 52 Issue 5, p13
The article reports developments in the fire fighting equipment industry in the U.S. Fireman's Fund Insurance Co. and Morning Pride, a manufacturer of firefighting equipment agreed to donate turnout gear to local fire departments. A computer-aided dispatch and a mobile data solution will be...
- COMPANY/ASSOCIATION NEWS. // Fire Engineering;Apr2008, Vol. 161 Issue 4, p258
The article reports developments related to the fire service industry in the U.S. The National Volunteer Fire Council (NVFC) is accepting applications for firefighter scholarship and grant program. Fireman's Fund Insurance Co. and equipment manufacturer Morning Pride partnered to provide turnout...
- COMPANY/ASSOCIATION NEWS. // Fire Engineering;Nov2011, Vol. 164 Issue 11, p111
This section offers news briefs related to U.S. firefighting companies and associations as of November 2011. It notes that a grant package funding worth 130,000 dollars will be provided by the Fireman's Fund Insurance Company to 13 fire departments. Thomas Carr Jr. plans to retire from his post...
- Funding Tops $30 Million in Grants Awarded by Fireman's Fund Nationwide. // Insurance Broadcasting;7/1/2013, p10
The article announces that the New York City Fire Department (FDNY) is receiving 61,133 dollars from Fireman's Fund Insurance Company to purchase various lifesaving equipment, training and educational materials.
- Fire departments encouraged to apply for grant funding. // Lakelander (Whitney, TX);4/18/2007, Vol. 21 Issue 16, p10
The article reports that U.S. Senator John Cornyn has encouraged Texas fire departments to apply for grant funding available to help purchase firefighting vehicles and safety and rescue equipment, as well as fund training and support operations.
- Fire grant program draws 19,000+ applications. // Fire Engineering;Jul2001, Vol. 154 Issue 7, p22
Reports on the number of applications received by the United States Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA)/U.S. Fire Administration (USFA) from fire departments for grants. Grants available under the Assistance to Firefighters grant program; Target allocations for each category in which...
- FIRE ACT GRANTS: A PEER REVIEWER'S PERSPECTIVE. Weber, Matthew D. // Fire Engineering;Dec2002, Vol. 155 Issue 12, p70
Focuses on the review of the Fire Act Grants applications by various fire departments in the U.S. Provision of fire reports through the National Fire Incident Reporting System; Factors considered in the grant review process; Categories for requests.
- FIRE act moves forward in Senate. // Fire Engineering;Nov2000, Vol. 153 Issue 11, p42
Reports the approval of the modified version Fire Investment and Response Enhancement (FIRE) Act by the United States Senate. Authorization of grants to fire departments; Provision of grants in the original FIRE Act; Details of the approved bill.
- Around the State. // Minnesota Fire Chief;Jan/Feb2006, Vol. 42 Issue 3, p24
Presents news briefs on the fire prevention service community in Minnesota, as of January 2006. Grant received by the Hennepin County Fire Chiefs Association from Fireman's Fund Insurance; Award received by the Warroad Fire Department from the Education Minnesota-Warroad; Re-accreditation as a...