- Nortel boosts IP investment. Martin, Michael // Network World;05/08/98, Vol. 8 Issue 9, p3
Comments on the creation of an Optical Network division by Northern Telecom Limited which is major step towards the forging of IP networks. Details on the acquisition of Aptis Communications Incorporated; Information on the investments made in Avici Systems Incorporated; Comments from Brian...
- Nortel's lab simplifies testing. // Telephony;09/14/98, Vol. 235 Issue 11, p92
Reports that Northern Telecom's new Open Solutions program offers third-party testing facilities for network solutions, terminals and back office equipment.
- Nortel throws its CAP into the ring. Pappalardo, Denise // Telephony;7/29/96, Vol. 231 Issue 5, p1
Reports on Northern Telecom's plan to release quadrature amplitude modulation-based DSL system. Version of AT&T Paradyne's carrierless amplitude/phase modulation.
- Lending a hand. Bucholtz, Chris // Telephony;9/23/96, Vol. 231 Issue 13, p12
Reports on Northern Telecom's offer of an outsourcing service to help carriers make local telephone numbers portable that will focus on the changes LNP will bring. Services to be offered by Nortel LNP Professional Services; Cost-effective deployment of LNP; Federal Communications Commission's...
- Nortel flush with SS7 gateways. Carter, Wayne // Telephony;06/22/98, Vol. 234 Issue 25, p12
Reports that Northern Telecom Ltd. is introducing SS7 gateway solutions for data traffic. CVX-SS7 Gateway's incorporation of Nortel's CVX 1800 access switch; Nortel's experience with SS7 systems; Gateway solutions in Nortel's portfolio.
- Nortel to establish Brazil operations. // RCR;07/14/97, Vol. 16 Issue 28, p42
Reports that Nortel company said it will establish manufacturing operations in Brazil, following an announcement made by BellSouth Corporation relating to Brazil. Details on the announcement; When and where Nortel will commence the manufacturing of digital wireless telecommunications systems;...
- Nortel to embed smart-card software in phones. Whitestone, Randy // Inter@ctive Week;12/22/97, Vol. 4 Issue 45, p15
Reports that Northern Telecom Incorporated announced in December, 1997, its decision to embed VeriFone Incorporated's VeriSmart software into its PowerTouch screen telephones. Efforts of Northern Telecom to utilize smart-card technology; Information on Northern, a dominant screen phone manufacturer.
- Northern execs leave as Q2 moves into red. Zipper, Stuart // Electronic News;7/5/93, Vol. 39 Issue 1970, p6
Reports on the second quarter loss of Northern Telecom Ltd. Resignation of Dr. Paul G. Stern as chairman and director and Alan Lutz as Switching Networks Group president; Lower than expected sales of large telephone switches and falling prices.
- Nortel's SuperSleuth enters fraud-prevention market. // RCR;09/21/98, Vol. 17 Issue 38, p62
Reports on the neural network technology product SuperSleuth, from Northern Telecom Ltd., for the fraud-detection and prevention market. What the product combines; Advantages of SuperSleuth; Comments from Bill Seymour, general manager of Fraud Solutions for Nortel.