Clearing the dust of Austin chalk
- Eby trenches major utility relocation project. // Pipeline & Utilities Construction;May95, Vol. 50 Issue 5, p29
Reports on the Martin K. Eby Construction Co.'s rehabilitation of a section of Highway 183 in Austin, Texas. Comments from Richard Meyer, Eby Job Superintendent; Use of dolomite in cutting through limestone; Selection of the Trencor 1460.
- Eby's Big Unpaid Job Claims Drive Away Surety and Bank. Korman, Richard // ENR: Engineering News-Record;10/18/2004, Vol. 253 Issue 15, p16
The article presents information about the Martin K. Eby Construction Co.'s decline in the contract cost and surety credit. The construction company was founded during the depths of the Great Depression and became one of the most respected open-shop employers in the industry but now is...
- Texas-sized box culvert cuts three months from schedule. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;07/28/97, Vol. 239 Issue 4, p18
Describes the precasting changes on a frontage road and drainage improvement project proposed by Martin K. Eby Construction Co. Inc. to the Texas Department of Transportation. Advantages of the substitution of precast culvert sections; Design of the culvert.
- CONSTRUCTION WEEK. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;7/08/2002, Vol. 249 Issue 2, p7
Reports developments on construction industry in the U.S. as of August 2002. Termination of agreement between Shaw Group Inc. and Turner Industries Group ; Design-build contract awarded to Martin K. Eby Construction Co. Inc. and HDR Inc. by the Department of Transportation; Revision of the...
- Transport Contractors Told To Hit The Road. Melnitzer, Julius // Corporate Legal Times;Jul2004, Vol. 14 Issue 152, p58
Reports that a 5th Circuit has upheld a district court's ruling that contractors working with regional transportation authorities cannot sue without exhausting all available administrative remedies. Case involving Martin K. Eby Construction Co. Inc. and Dallas Area Rapid Transit; Details of the...
- Sub's pay application does not prevent claims. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;10/06/97, Vol. 239 Issue 14, p112
Presents the case of Associated Mechanical Contractors Inc. (AMC) in its lawsuit against Martin K. Eby Construction Co. claiming equitable adjustment of delay claims in the construction of the Dooly Correctional Institution in Unadilla, Georgia. Case background; Court's argument on the...
- IN BRIEF. GARRETT, THEODORE L. // Trends (15339556);Jan/Feb2011, Vol. 42 Issue 3, p10
The article offers news briefs related to court cases. In the case, Celanese Corp. v. Martin K. Eby Construction Co., the U.S. Fifth Circuit Court ruled that defendant was not liable for a methanol pipeline damage. In the case McEvoy v. IEI Barge Services Inc., the court ruled out air pollution...
- TEXAS BARS ECONOMIC LOSS RECOVERY FOR ARCHITECT'S NEGLIGENCE. // Construction Claims Monthly;Oct2014, Vol. 36 Issue 10, p73
The article discusses two Texas Supreme Court cases related economic loss recovery for architect's negligence in construction contracting. It mentions the CCE, Inc. v. PBS&J Construction Services, Inc. wherein the appeals court allowed the contractor's economic loss claim against the engineer....
- Trenching machines. // Underground Construction;Dec97, Vol. 52 Issue 12, p12
Features several trenching machines from various companies available as of December 1997. Includes that of Burkeen Manufacturing Co.; Case Corp.; Ditch Witch; Glenncorp. Inc.; Parsons Trenchers & Cable Plows.