Las Vegas oasis
- Fusible PVC. Prechlorinated Bursting Offer Unique Solution For Florida Water Project. Griffin, Jeff // Underground Construction;Jul2006, Vol. 61 Issue 7, p38
The article discusses a project completed by the water division of Orange County Utilities in Florida that tested the feasibility of using fused prechlorinated C-900 polyvinyl chloride pipe using pipebursting. Four pipebursting installations were made to complete the project. A HydroBurst HD5058...
- Newsline. // Underground Construction;Jan2003, Vol. 58 Issue 1, p7
Presents news concerning the underground construction industry in the United States as of January 2003. Water main break at Chicago, Illinois' North Side; Plan to build a water pipeline from Texas' Canyon Lake to San Antonio and Boerne. INSETS: DCA To Give Away Thunderbird;Obituaries.
- Lametti & Sons awarded rehab contract, completes renewal project. // Underground Construction;Jan2003, Vol. 58 Issue 1, pR3
Reports that Lametti and Sons will renew a water pipe project contract under the Saint Paul, Minnesota Department of Public Works. Worth of the contract; Implication of the contract on Lametti's business.
- Change orders' should save $5.7 million in construction. Ward, Ken // Las Vegas Business Press;02/28/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 8, p17
Presents news briefs related to the real estate business in Nevada, as of February 28, 2000. Includes Southern Nevada Water Authority's approval of a funding plan to allow Lake Mead Constructors to start the second phase of the River Mountains Water Treatment Facility; Charges filed against...
- News briefs. // Las Vegas Business Press;06/05/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 22, Special section p14
Presents news briefs related to the construction industry in Nevada, as of June 5, 2000. Lake Mead Constructors' recognition by AGC of America for its efforts to protect the desert tortoise; WPH Architecture's naming of Melissa Miller as intern architect; Image Construction's promotion of Brian...
- Short Pipe Perfect Fit For Small Pit. Harris, Brian C. // Underground Construction;Oct2005, Vol. 60 Issue 10, p35
Reports on Stantec Consulting's completion of a project with the city of Ottawa in Ontario, that included the installation of sewers and water mains that were 95 percent within the intersections of four major roads in the city. Open cut excavation using a hoe-ram or blasting techniques; Traffic...
- Design underway on Fort Worth's Village Creek interceptors. // Underground Construction;Jul2013, Vol. 68 Issue 7, p6
The article informs that construction work of 4,000 linear feet (LF) of 12-inch water main and 5,124 LF of large diameter sanitary sewer interceptors in Fort Worth, Texas, are being undertaken by the engineering cervices firm RJN Group Inc.
- Temporary Valves, Bypass Keep Water Flowing. // WaterWorld;Apr2000, Vol. 16 Issue 4, p25
Describes how TDW Services Inc.'s constructed a temporary bypass to keep water flowing along a portion of a water line which was affected by an underground garage construction project by a medical center in Honolulu, Hawaii. Equipment used in constructing the bypass; Phases of the project.
- Water is the New Blue Crude. // Underground Construction;Dec2015, Vol. 70 Issue 12, p34
The article offers information on the Underground Construction Technology Waterworks Conference to be held in Atlanta, Georgia on February 3, 2016.