Eliminating entry pits
- Large Diameter Sliplining Works To Rehabilitate Aging Interceptor Sewers In Albuquerque. Rocco, Michael // Underground Construction;Mar2010, Vol. 65 Issue 3, p58
The article reports on the sewer rehabilitation project in Albuquerque, New Mexico. It states that AUI Inc. was the successful bidder for the project due to its extensive experience with several trenchless applications. The project involves sliplining 78, 54 and 48 inches reinforced concrete...
- Liquidated damages. Sutherland, Fiona // International Construction;Jul/Aug2002, Vol. 41 Issue 6, p34
Explores the use of hydrodemolition technology for repairing sensitive reinforced concrete structures. Use of high-pressure water jets to remove concrete by direct impact; Advantages of hydrodemolition; Use of the technology for bridge repair. INSET: Remote repair.
- 105-S41â€”Experimental Study on Progressive Collapse-Resistant Behavior of Reinforced Concrete Frame Structures. Wei-Jian Yi; Qing-Feng He; Yan Xiao; Kunnath, Sashi K. // ACI Materials Journal;Jul/Aug2008, Vol. 105 Issue 4, p421
An abstract of the article "Experimental Study on Progressive Collapse-Resistant Behavior of Reinforced Concrete Frame Structures" is presented.
- Geosynthetic reinforced soil piers: A bridge from the past to the present. Rekenthaler, Doug // Public Roads;Winter97, Vol. 60 Issue 3, p43
Describes the construction of a geosynthetic reinforced soil (GRS) structure in McLean, Virginia. Use of the GRS structure as alternative to high-priced reinforced concrete bridges; Comments from research geologist Michael Adams on the uses of GRS; Load-bearing capabilities of the GRS structure.
- ERRATA. // ACI Structural Journal;Nov/Dec2007, Vol. 104 Issue 6, p767
A correction to the article "Justification of AC1446 Code Provisions for Shear Design of Reinforced Concrete Beams" that was published in the September-October 2007 issue is presented.
- Reinforcement from above. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;09/07/98, Vol. 241 Issue 9, p15
Presents a construction method for the reinforcement of concrete arches, as used in the Bixby Creek Bridge in Northern California. Size and vertical drop of the bridge; Functions of the interconnected platform sections for bridge retrofitting.
- CRSI announces award winners. // American City & County;Jul94, Vol. 109 Issue 8, p18
Announces the winners of the Concrete Reinforcing Steel Institutes' 12th biennial Design Awards Competition. Recognition on four structures built of cast-in-place reinforced concrete; Listing of winners.
- preface. Al-Mahaidi, Riadh // Australian Journal of Structural Engineering;2011, Vol. 11 Issue 2, preceding p75
The article discusses various reports published within the issue, including one by S.T. Smith and S.J. Kim on deflection calculation of fibre-reinforced polymers (FRP) strengthened reinforced concrete flexural members, one by A. Godat on numerical modelling of shear crack angles in FRP, and one...
- Inner Strength. Vaillancourt, Gaetan // Concrete Products;Oct2002, Vol. 105 Issue 10, p20
Reports on the replacement of corrugated metal pipe tunnel in Lewiston, Maine with a reinforced concrete pipe (RCP) structure using an innovative installation method. Name of the contractor who devised the method; Description of the method; Fabrication of a special cart to push the concrete...