`Living wage' approved for Los Angeles
- Unions prevail on CA/T wages. Angelo, William J. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;07/07/97, Vol. 239 Issue 1, p9
Reports on the tentative agreement reached by independent truckers and general contractors working on the Central Artery/Tunnel in Boston, Massachusetts. Increase hourly wages; Brokerage of the deal after a two-day stoppage; Agreement on expedited payments.
- HOW TO: BECOME A GOVERNMENT CONTRACTOR. // Inc.;Apr2009, Vol. 31 Issue 3, following p38
This article offers ideas for U.S. companies on how to become a government contractor. It is important for these companies to adhere to the standards for wages and safety. The Internet is an essential element in doing business with the government. Large businesses must establish robust goals for...
- 'Livable wage' should die a merciful death. Waxman, Lionel // Inside Tucson Business;03/22/99, Vol. 8 Issue 52, p5
Criticizes the `Livable Wage' proposal filed before the Tucson City Council for contradicting the employment trend of the city. Effects of unemployment on businesses' hiring program; Questions on the source of funding to support the proposal; Impact of the proposal on government contractors;...
- Labor-management relations. // Labor Law Journal;Feb86, Vol. 37 Issue 2, p128
Presents developments related to labor-management relations in the U.S. Information that employees of government supply contractors no longer have to be paid a daily overtime premium if they work more than eight hours a day; Information on "General Wage Determinations Issued Under the...
- Information on Former High-Ranking Coast Guard Officials' Employment with Major Contractors. Hutton, John P. // GAO Reports;12/20/2012, p1
The article offers information on a report related to former high-ranking U.S. Coast Guard officials' employment with major contractors in the U.S. It mentions that the report identified which officials separated from the Coast Guard from 2006 through 2010 by using Coast Guard personnel data....
- A Personal Odyssey: From Farm House to White House. SARAKKI, VENU // India -- West;7/25/2014, Vol. 39 Issue 36, pA8
The author highlights the meeting he had with U.S. President Barack Obama and leaders of U.S. corporations such as Apple and IBM to speak about the advantages of QuickPay, a program to pay for services delivered by federal contractors in less than 15 days.
- Federal contractors to ring in New Year with two new rules. // HR Weekly;12/14/2015, Vol. 3 Issue 50, p2
The article discusses the compliance mandates Executive Order (EO) 13658 on required minimum wage for employees and EO 13665 on prohibition of discrimination to those who disclose their own or other employee's compensation for federal contractors in the U.S.
- Wages...Hours. // Labor Law Journal;Dec58, Vol. 9 Issue 12, p948
This article presents news regarding industrial relations and disputes in the U.S., as of December 1958. On February 2, 1959, new salary requirements for the exemption of executive, administrative and professional employees from the Fair Labor Standards Act will go into effect. Under the revised...
- Wage laws see varied results over 14 years. Gentile, Annie // American City & County;Oct2008, Vol. 123 Issue 10, p16
The article discusses the effects of living wage ordinances (LWO) implemented in the U.S. Baltimore, Maryland became the first municipality in the nation to pass an LWO, and many of cities and special districts have followed suit. In general, an LWO requires government contractors or companies...