Rural wastewater systems now offered grants
- Whitman awards first nationwide water security grants. // Pollution Engineering;Aug2002, Vol. 34 Issue 8, p9
Reports on U.S. Environmental Protection Agency's grants for drinking water utilities. Amount of grants; Number of grants to be provided to assist utilities with security planning.
- EPA Awards First Nationwide Water Security Grants. // WaterWorld;Jul/Aug2002, Vol. 18 Issue 7, p8
Reports on the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency's first round of water security grants to help large drinking water utilities across the country assess their vulnerabilities. Number of grants to be awarded to assist utilities with security planning; Awarding of the first water security...
- EPA report claims water group diverted federal grant money. Winston, Sherie // ENR: Engineering News-Record;04/27/98, Vol. 240 Issue 17, p15
Cites a report issued by the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), in which it asserted that the National Rural Water Association (NRWA)spent an estimated $2.3 million in federal grants, to accommodate its lobbying efforts. Details on the EPA report; Comments by Lino DeAlmeida, president of...
- States to Share Monitoring Funds. // WaterWorld;Jul2005, Vol. 21 Issue 7, p10
Reports that every U.S. state will get additional water quality monitoring funds as a result of an Environmental Protection Agency decision to increase water pollution control grants .
- Report to Congress Highlights Need for Long-Term Clean Water Funding. Crow, Patrick // WaterWorld;Aug2010, Vol. 26 Issue 8, p1
The article focuses on the Environmental Protection Agency's (EPA) report to U.S. Congress emphasizing the need for aging infrastructure rehabilitation to meet protective water quality standards and respond to population growth issues. It mentions the efforts of the EPA to protect the...
- VRA Plunging Into SRF Market for Its Largest-Ever Sale. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;5/13/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31883, p32
Reports that the Virginia Resources Authority is preparing to sell as much as $165 million in clean water revenue bonds. Leveraging of the federal capitalization grants provided through the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency's clean water state revolving loan fund; Optimism expressed by Lisa...
- EPA Awards $22.6 Million Grant To Regional Wastewater Facility. // Textile Chemist & Colorist;Feb76, Vol. 8 Issue 2, p12
The article reports on the federal grant of $22.6 million from the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) for the completion of a regional wastewater treatment and collection system in North Carolina. The facility is designed by Cannon Mills along with City of Concord and Cabarrus County and...
- Stimulus saves drinking water plants from EPA crackdowns. // Public Works;Sep2009, Vol. 140 Issue 10, p17
The article reports that two surface water treatment plants in Salineville and Cumberland, Ohio will be benefited by the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009. It notes that the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) has linked Salineville to the Buckeye Water District, which will...
- A Great Cleanup. // Weekly Reader News - Edition 3;4/2/2010, Vol. 79 Issue 21, p2
The article discusses the effort of the U.S. government to save the Great Lakes, the source of drinking water for more than 40 million people, from pollution caused by chemicals and wastewater being dumped by companies and from invasive species that kill fishes.