Columbia plans for the Millennium
- New name for Columbia Gas. // Pipeline & Gas Journal;Feb98, Vol. 225 Issue 2, p10
Reports on the renaming of Columbia Gas System Inc. into Columbia Energy Group to reflect the company's expanded participation in the energy industry.
- Columbia Gas preserves wetlands with directional drilling. Luginbuhl, Kristin K.; Gartman, Donald K. // Pipeline & Gas Journal;Oct95, Vol. 222 Issue 10, p61
Discusses Columbia Gas' preservation of wetlands at its Avon, Ohio distribution system with the use of directional drilling. Initial location for pipelines; Studies for permitting of the project; Details on the company's development of a mitigation plan.
- Settlement approved between Columbia Gas, creditors. // Pipeline & Utilities Construction;Jul95, Vol. 50 Issue 7, p5
Reports on US Bankruptcy Court's approval of a settlement between Columbia Gas System Inc.'s and its producer creditors. Producers' support for the terms of the settlement; Settlement as a balanced business solution.
- Honeywell enters service agreement in seven states. O'Toole, Patrick // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Nov1997 Part 2 of 2, Vol. 27 Issue 13, p38
Reports on the formation of alliance between Reston, Virginia-based Columbia Gas System and Minneapolis, Minnesota-based Honeywell Inc. to sell a targeted set of products and services including security systems in several regions. Expectations on the alliance; Concern of both companies to...
- Columbia Gas reorganizes to pay debts. // Pipeline & Gas Journal;May95, Vol. 222 Issue 5, p3
Reports on Columbia Gas System's plan to pay off its huge debt and relieve its Chapter 11 bankruptcy which was filed in 1991. Cause of the company's huge debt.
- Columbia gas showing improvement. // Pipeline & Gas Journal;Nov95, Vol. 222 Issue 11, p3
Reports on the improvement of Columbia Gas System Inc.'s (CGS) financial performance. Company's filing of bankruptcy status in 1991; Company's plan to come out of bankruptcy status by the end of 1995.
- Manhattan's Dropouts. // Time;4/26/1971, Vol. 97 Issue 17, p93
The article lists the name of companies that have already shifted their headquarters out of Manhattan with the names of the companies that are in the process of shifting their headquarters out of Manhattan including Columbia Gas System Inc., Hooker Chemical Co. and Great Northern Paper Inc.
- Kaboom! Goldner, Diane // FW;10/12/93, Vol. 162 Issue 20, p58
Reports on the suit filed against the Columbia Gas System. Stock market price; Federal Energy Regulatory Commission's Order 636; Direct buying by natural gas distributors; Company problems; Negotiations for contract settlements; Liabilities that affect the company. INSET: Lame duck, by D.G..
- Columbia Gas mulls buy-out proposal. // Pipeline & Gas Journal;Oct94, Vol. 221 Issue 10, p1
Reports on the proposed acquisition of Columbia Gas System by Dimeling Schreiber and Park. Terms of the proposal; Prospects for acceptance of offer.