Qualifications of pipeline personnel at issue
- More info needed for interpretation requests. // Pipeline & Gas Journal;Jan94, Vol. 221 Issue 1, p6
Reports on the need for the US Office of Pipeline Safety to release interpretations of pipeline safety regulations. Components of proposed interpretations.
- Office of Pipeline Safety escapes scare. // Pipeline & Utilities Construction;Oct96, Vol. 51 Issue 10, p6
Reports on the passage of the 1997 appropriation bill for the US Office of Pipeline Safety. Appropriated budget for the office; Program lined up by the agency.
- OPS wants risk management applications. // Pipeline & Gas Journal;May97, Vol. 224 Issue 5, p8
Reports that the US Office of Pipeline Safety has asked the interstate pipe industry to submit applications for the risk management demonstration program.
- OPS Building National Pipeline GIS Database. Corbley, Kevin P. // Pipeline & Gas Journal;Feb2000, Vol. 227 Issue 2, p49
Reports on the development of a digital national pipeline database by the United States Department of Transportation Office of Pipeline Safety. Features of the National Pipeline Mapping System; Collection of pipeline map data.
- National pipeline mapping system planned. // Underground Construction;Oct98, Vol. 53 Issue 10, p10
Reports that interstate pipelines and local distribution companies will be approached by the Office of Pipeline Safety to send mapping data in the United States.
- New pipeline mapping system. // Pipeline & Gas Journal;Sep98, Vol. 225 Issue 9, p8
Focuses on the United States Office of Pipeline Safety's (USOPS) request for interstate pipelines and distribution companies to send voluntarily send mapping data to state or national repositories. Target goal of the USOPS by year 2000.
- OPS Revises Pipeline Spill Reporting Requirements. Barlas, Stephen // Underground Construction;May2001, Vol. 56 Issue 5, p8
Unveils the plan of the United States (U.S.) Office of Pipeline Safety to revise the natural gas leak reporting requirements. Bill passed by the U.S. Senate which included a provision reducing the reporting threshold.
- ICC attorney named as head of OPS. // Pipeline & Gas Journal;Oct95, Vol. 222 Issue 10, p8
Reports on former Interstate Commerce Commission general counsel, Richard Felder's appointment as head of the Office of Pipeline Safety (OPS).
- Qualifications of pipeline personnel at issue. Barlas, Stephen // Pipeline & Gas Journal;May97, Vol. 224 Issue 5, p8
Reports that the US Office of Pipeline Safety (OPS) has put together a committee from the pipeline industry to ensure that pipeline personnel are adequately trained, called the Negotiated Rulemaking Committee. Plan to issue an OPS rule on training of pipeline personnel; Low industry accident as...