- Adesta Opens New Regional Office. // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Oct2008, Vol. 38 Issue 10, p24
The article reports on the new regional office of Adesta LLC in Springfield, Virginia. The office, which will be known as National Capital Region (NCR), represents the company's 12th facility in the U.S. It states that the facility will focus on serving both the communication networks and...
- NES Prepared for Global Biometrics Evolution. Durand, Augusto // Caribbean Business;7/21/2005, Vol. 33 Issue 28, pS14
The article reports that Northwest Electronic Security (NES), a division of Northwest Security Management Inc., started operations in 1982 as a local security-guard organization. By 2000, the company entered the electronic-security business. Today, it is a key player in biometric security...
- Anti-Theft Protection System Available for Rotary Hammer Line. // Welding Journal;Oct2005, Vol. 84 Issue 10, p23
Introduces the anti-theft protection system for rotary hammer line. Features of the protection system; Performance application of the system.
- ASK THE EXPERT. // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Nov2006 Supplement, Vol. 36, p18
The article presents question-and-answer advisory related to security system installation. A technician asks if the entire Internet Protocol-based video surveillance system should be set up before the actual installation. Another technician asks why customers sometimes seem disappointed when...
- HIRSCH ELECTRONICS. // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Jan2006, Vol. 43 Issue 1, p62
The article presents a corporate profile of Hirsch Electronics Corp., a high security access control company. Hirsch is known in delivering unique and reliable high security solutions required by high-risk facilities in the world. Among these high-risk security solutions include reliability...
- Suddenly They Are Appliances. Zalud, Bill // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Jan2006, Vol. 43 Issue 1, p82
The article discusses the views and opinions of security executives on convergence. According to the survey conducted by the magazine, 82 percent of security executives responded saying that convergence benefits in operational efficiencies, 70 percent in better security while 64 percent in...
- INDUSTRY CALENDAR. // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Jun2009, Vol. 46 Issue 6, p81
A calendar of events related to the security system industry in the U.S. is presented including Government 2.0 - Moving Forward Together symposium, Facility Security Design, and Electronic Security Exposition.
- HOW TO BUY: CARDS & READERS. Whitehust, Londsay // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Jul2004, Vol. 34 Issue 7, p63
Discusses factors to be considered by customers planning to purchase cards and readers for their security systems in the United States. Applications of proximity and smart cards; System durability and simplicity; Technical support provided by manufacturers. INSET: Lasting Value.
- Time to Retire PSIM? Dunkel, Dan // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Feb2011, Vol. 41 Issue 2, p50
The article presents the author's suggestion of replacing the acronym of physical security information management (PSIM) with virtual security information management (VSIM). The author explains why there is a need to replace the acronym such as to address that the security industry is heading...