- Balance sought between security, use. Mears, Jennifer // Network World;12/12/2005, Vol. 22 Issue 49, p10
The article presents highlights of the Computer Security Applications Conference held in December 2005 in Tucson, Arizona. The conference's underlying theme is about balancing the need for information security and the demand for information technology flexibility. The conference presented...
- Infosecurity Europe 2006: Risky Business - The Self Auditing Database. // Database & Network Journal;Feb2006, Vol. 36 Issue 1, p11
The article focuses on false assumptions in the use of built-in auditing tools supplied with database software platforms for the protection of sensitive data. These include the belief that the audit tool is the only element in the database that is not vulnerable to attacks and the notion that...
- IT security fear factor. Rothke, Ben // Network World;12/19/2005, Vol. 22 Issue 50, p35
The article focuses on information technology security fear factor. Many organizations have unwanted back-up tapes. While the buyer is paying about for each carton, there is a significant security problem in sending terabytes of corporate data on old tapes to the junkyard. A huge security risk...
- Compliance Second. SPINELLI, TONY // Information Security;Oct2009, Vol. 11 Issue 9, p28
The article discusses the need of organizations to prioritize security over compliance to ensure risk mitigation. Threats and concerns over data losses are cited as issues facing chief security officers (CSOs). A strategy was implemented at Equifax to minimize operational and information risk...
- It's Open Season for Data Protection. Brick, Frank // Telecommunications - Americas Edition;Dec2004, Vol. 38 Issue 12, p36
Comments on the challenges in data protection in the U.S. Vulnerability of metropolitan businesses to downtime disasters; Challenge for providers to build out a proven storage infrastructure; Advantage of building data services over existing services in promoting customer relationships.
- VARIETIES OF DATA PROTECTION. // Storage Magazine;Feb2005, Vol. 3 Issue 12, p12
This section presents a list of data protection mechanisms, such as snapshot.
- Signals Analysis. // Network Dictionary;2007, p441
A definition of the term "Signals Analysis" in data security is presented. By monitoring and analyzing a signal that is emitted by a system and that contains the data but is not intended to communicate the data, signals analysis gains indirect knowledge of communicated data.
- Simple Integrity Property. // Network Dictionary;2007, p442
A definition of the term "Simple Integrity Property" in information security is presented. It means that a user cannot write data to a higher integrity level than their own.
- Untrusted Process. // Network Dictionary;2007, p506
A definition of the term "Untrusted Process" is presented. It refers to a system process that cannot affect the state of system security through incorrect or malicious operation, usually because its operation is confined by a security kernel.