Rack It Up
- A Not So Opaque Future; A Risky Present. Zalud, Bill // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Jun2013, Vol. 50 Issue 6, p54
The article discusses the advancements in security management solutions. It mentions that testing of wearable video cameras by police officers in Rialto, California provides evidence of an unfounded misconduct claim. It notes that virtual remote intervention like speaking to intruders and...
- It's Back to School, Especially for Systems. McFadden, Maggie // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Jun2007 Part 1 of 2, Vol. 37 Issue 6, p10
The author reflects on strategic vertical markets in the U.S. She discusses that strategic vertical markets aims to help security dealers and systems integrators get involved and understand installations. She added that security in education settings is a growing vertical market for electronic...
- What's the Price of Outsourcing? Zalud, Bill // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Apr2008, Vol. 45 Issue 4, p44
The article reports on the implications of having an electronic employment verification (EEV) system in the U.S. According to a Cato Institute study, the EEV is ineffective, intrusive and expensive. It notes that implementing a full-fledged EEV has many practical and technical problems and would...
- Case study: An integrator's challenge. Colombo, Allan B. // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Oct97, Vol. 27 Issue 11, p73
Focuses on the problems encountered by integrators in installing integrated security systems. Problems in the design of integrated systems; Incompatibility of the manufacturers listed in the specification on the system; Technical complexity of integrated systems; Partial integration.
- When to 'Stay off the Main Highway' and Use a Parallel Network. // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Feb2004, Vol. 34 Issue 2, p36
Provides tips on the number of options available that can be used to connect network cameras. Philosophies underlying the EIA/TIA 568 cabling standard; Use of unused conductors in connecting network devices and cameras; Consideration when approaching and installing network security system.
- Solution Isn't on the Fence; It's for the Fence. // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Mar2008, Vol. 38 Issue 3, p112
The article reports on the installation of the PowerFence system, from Gallagher Security Management Systems, at Royal Electric Co. corporate headquarters in Sacramento, California. The system was installed to protect the equipment, vehicles and other assets of the company in the area. It is...
- Security Cameras Now Protect Australia's Ports. // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Apr2008, Vol. 45 Issue 4, p23
The article reports that Pixim Inc. has been chosen as a key technology by Patrick, Australia's largest operator of shipping and container terminals. Pixim Inc. provides image sensors and processors for enterprise security cameras. Patrick teamed with One Security International Pty Ltd. to...
- ASK THE EXPERT. // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Nov2006 Supplement, Vol. 36, p18
The article presents question-and-answer advisory related to security system installation. A technician asks if the entire Internet Protocol-based video surveillance system should be set up before the actual installation. Another technician asks why customers sometimes seem disappointed when...
- Easy Touchup for Installers. // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Mar2001, Vol. 31 Issue 4, p45
Presents ways to touchup scratches in installing security systems in the United States. Occurrence of scratches; Advice on fixing the scratches; Use of a wax furniture crayon for the scratches.