Making a Great Entrance
- Multi-building access needs met in different ways. // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Oct98, Vol. 35 Issue 10, p47
Introduces several multi-building access systems. Software of IEI for retail and fast-food outlets; Hirsch Electronics' door controller with auto-dial firmware; Synergistics' dial-up solutions; Checkpoint Systems' corporate network solutions.
- More than a simple system. Colombo, Allan B. // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Feb99, Vol. 29 Issue 3, p64
Discusses the benefits of electronic access control systems for facilities. Integration features; Ability of system to track time/attendance; Special security functions. INSET: Multiple-purpose electronic key cards..
- ACCESS CONTROL. // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Nov97, Vol. 34 Issue 11, p14
Provides information on the use of electronic access controls (EAC) by corporate, institutional, and government organizations. Increase in the types of EAC technologies; Cards and badges; Photo identification; Security executives' rankings of the most effective EAC.
- Eyeing Up Turnstiles. Dubin, Cindy H. // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Mar2012, Vol. 49 Issue 3, p66
The article explores the effectivity of optical turnstiles in entrance control security system. It highlights the report from the IMS Research which indicates the domination of optical turnstiles within the speedgate market. Optical turnstiles, which restrict control access to a building or...
- HOW TO BUY MONITORING SERVICES. O'Mara, Deborah L. // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Feb2004, Vol. 34 Issue 2, p61
Provides information on how to shop for a monitoring company. Start by phoning the company; Make a checklist of what to ask; Need to know the number of accounts an signals that the company handle during peak times; Consideration in choosing a central monitoring station. INSET: Before You Buy.
- ACCESS CONTROLS and LOCKS. // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Jun2004 Part 2 of 2, Vol. 34 Issue 7, p43
Presents a list of access controls and locks. Electronic access controls; Card access control systems; Card and card reader equipment.
- Car handle fingers criminals. // Engineer (00137758);10/31/2005, Vol. 293 Issue 7687, p7
No abstract available.
- The Bs: Barriers, Booths, Badges. Zalud, Bill // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;May2005, Vol. 42 Issue 5, p26
Provides tips on how to protect facilities from unauthorized vehicles and visitors in the U.S. Emergence of blast-resistant guard booths; Relevance of visitor identification systems and more versatile guard tour systems; Design of the Sky Watch mobile tower.
- Outside, Inside PROTECTION. // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Jul2005, Vol. 42 Issue 7, p26J
Features the electronic security system at Florida Community College's Deerwood Center and its ability to meet the changing access control needs of the facility. Facility's growth from a former shopping mall to a full-fledged campus; Features and components of the IR Geoffrey system that...