Are You Strategic?
- TRANSFORMATIONAL STRATEGY IN THE CITY OF GOLD: PURSUIT OF THE VISION. McLaurin, James Reagan; Mitias, Peter // Allied Academies International Conference: Proceedings of the Ac;Oct2008, Vol. 7 Issue 2, p20
This paper is a continuation of a work that aims to examine the leadership of Dubai, one of the fasting growing cities in the Middle East and the world (Mclaurin 2008, McLaurin and Mitias 2008). The current leader of Dubai, Sheik Mohammad Bin Rashid Al Mahktoum, is viewed as the transformational...
- The Impact on Leadership Roles. // Leading into the Future: A Global Study of Leadership 2005-2015;2005, p15
The article focuses on the impact of the leadership roles to a successful leadership execution. These include being a strategist because strategy development is the most important leadership competency. A leader should be a visionary communicator in which along the forging a good strategy there...
- BUSINESS STRATEGIES REGARDING THE EVALUATION OF LEADERSHIP STYLES. Chereches, Catalin; Toader, Rita; Radulescu, Corina Michaella; Zima, Liliana Adela; Sabou, Simona // Annals of DAAAM & Proceedings;Jan2011, p1343
This paper presents factors that influence leadership, the effects of leadership styles, leadership interpersonal and organizational, leadership symbiotic, transformational. In the pape rit is described a mathematical model of leadership style assessment.
- Are You Herding Cats? Lamoureux, Kim // Leadership Excellence Essentials;Jun2007, Vol. 24 Issue 6, p17
The author offers suggestions on improving a company's leadership development program. She stresses that effective leadership development is not just about training individuals. The objective is to develop the team capable of moving the company forward. She explains that the leadership model...
- Commentary on the Henry Mintzberg Interview. Markides, Constantinos // Academy of Management Executive;Aug2000, Vol. 14 Issue 3, p39
This article presents a commentary on an interview conducted with Henry Mintzberg. The author suggests that Mintzberg is one of the most respected individuals in the field of business strategy. The author notes that he agrees with what Mintzberg discussed in the interview and adds to areas where...
- Overcoming the Perils of Advocacy in Corporate Planning. Gilmore, Frank F. // California Management Review;Spring73, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p127
Corporate planning is placing increasing demands on executives to advocate their strategy proposals in a more effective manner; and the key to overcoming the perils of advocating changes in corporate strategy lies in a thorough job of formulation and careful development of a cogent argument.
- Hypotheses Related to Strategy Formulation in Large Divisionalized Companies. Kinnunen, Raymond M. // Academy of Management Review;Oct76, Vol. 1 Issue 4, p7
A contemporary view and explanation of certain phenomena related to the strategic process in large divisionalized firms are provided, and previous work on the subject is extended into clearly stated, testable hypotheses that can be used by future researchers.
- DIRECTOR STRATEGIC CONTRIBUTION AND ORGANIZATIONAL PERFORMANCE IN ENTREPRENEURIAL FIRMS. GILLEY, K. MATTHEW; FORD, ROGER H.; COOMBS, JOSEPH E. // Academy of Management Proceedings & Membership Directory;1999, pB1
The influence of boards of directors on firm performance has been widely studied, and boards have been found to influence a variety of firm outcomes. Most research examining the effects of boards of directors on firm performance has been concerned with board composition issues in large firms. In...
- Walking the Walk Isn't Always Easy. Marshall, Jeffrey; Heffes, Ellen M. // Financial Executive;Jan/Feb2005, Vol. 21 Issue 1, p11
This article presents an examination of several reasons why companies fail to execute their strategies. The author notes discussing strategy and actually implementing and producing results from a strategy are completely different things. Some of the obstacles that can stand in the way are the...