- BACKGROUND SCREEING CAN DIMINISH HIRING MISTAKES. Lashier, Ron // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Oct2006, Vol. 36 Issue 10, p93
The article focuses on the importance of conducting employment background screening so that alarm companies in the U.S. can avoid big mistakes. Eighty percent of organizations perform some kind of criminal background check. Employers are driven to background screening by the desire to provide an...
- Pre-employment screening protects people, property. Begin, Sherri // Crain's Detroit Business;4/12/2004, Vol. 20 Issue 15, p13
More local businesses are beginning to use pre-employment screening to protect themselves, their employees and their intellectual property. Screening of potential employees is not new; it's something many companies have been doing for over 20 years, said Michael Saad, president and owner of...
- Hire service stars. // Personnel Journal;Sep95 Supplement, Vol. 74 Issue 9, p3
Offers the Customer Service Skills Inventory from McGraw-Hill/London House for screening job applicants for service skills. Features; Contact information.
- Always Check `em Out First! Wigggins, Dave // Journal of Environmental Health;Oct1998, Vol. 61 Issue 3, p61
Suggests that companies should check out employees thoroughly before hiring them. Implications of hiring a bad employee; Guidelines for selecting applicants who drive a company automobile; Reference to checking for criminal backgrounds; Comments from Valerie Frydendall of CB and I located in...
- Employee screening devices--use with caution. Zachary, Mary-Kathryn // Supervision;Nov97, Vol. 58 Issue 11, p16
Focuses on legal concerns on the use of employee screening devices. Credit reports by reporting agencies; Concerns on employee misconduct and workplace violence; Modifications to the Fair Credit Reporting Act of 1996.
- PRE-EMPLOYMENT SCREENING. Nicholson, Gilbert // Workforce (10928332);Oct2000, Vol. 79 Issue 10, p72
Focuses on the importance of pre-employment testing and background checking procedures. Benefits of the tests; Implications of the tests to companies; How to choose the right test; Where to find best testing procedures.
- Study highlights background check disparities. // Hospital Home Health;Jan2010, Vol. 27 Issue 1, p10
The article reports on a study which emphasizes the inconsistency of criminal background checks which could create a false sense of security for families and employers.
- Testing Program Aims to Improve Area's Work Force. Allen, Paul // Business Journal (Central New York);05/26/2000, Vol. 14 Issue 21, p8
Focuses on the Work Keys system, a comprehensive skill-assessment and job-analysis system in New York. Benefits of the system to workers, educators, and employers; Usability of the system in the employee hiring process; Professional organizations that integrate Work Keys into their own systems;...
- Study Explodes Employment Test 'Myths' // Training & Development Journal;Feb73, Vol. 27 Issue 2, p51
Reports on the results of a survey concerning pre-employment testing and promotional procedures in the United States. Factors to consider in the selection and use of evaluation examinations; Implications for people who supervise hiring and promotion techniques and policies.