Security Cameras Now Protect Australia's Ports
- What's the Price of Outsourcing? Zalud, Bill // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Apr2008, Vol. 45 Issue 4, p44
The article reports on the implications of having an electronic employment verification (EEV) system in the U.S. According to a Cato Institute study, the EEV is ineffective, intrusive and expensive. It notes that implementing a full-fledged EEV has many practical and technical problems and would...
- Case study: An integrator's challenge. Colombo, Allan B. // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Oct97, Vol. 27 Issue 11, p73
Focuses on the problems encountered by integrators in installing integrated security systems. Problems in the design of integrated systems; Incompatibility of the manufacturers listed in the specification on the system; Technical complexity of integrated systems; Partial integration.
- When to 'Stay off the Main Highway' and Use a Parallel Network. // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Feb2004, Vol. 34 Issue 2, p36
Provides tips on the number of options available that can be used to connect network cameras. Philosophies underlying the EIA/TIA 568 cabling standard; Use of unused conductors in connecting network devices and cameras; Consideration when approaching and installing network security system.
- Solution Isn't on the Fence; It's for the Fence. // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Mar2008, Vol. 38 Issue 3, p112
The article reports on the installation of the PowerFence system, from Gallagher Security Management Systems, at Royal Electric Co. corporate headquarters in Sacramento, California. The system was installed to protect the equipment, vehicles and other assets of the company in the area. It is...
- ASK THE EXPERT. // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Nov2006 Supplement, Vol. 36, p18
The article presents question-and-answer advisory related to security system installation. A technician asks if the entire Internet Protocol-based video surveillance system should be set up before the actual installation. Another technician asks why customers sometimes seem disappointed when...
- Rack It Up. // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Apr2008, Vol. 45 Issue 4, p64
The article discusses common issues and effective solutions for designers of modern security facilities. Effective planning is an important element in infrastructure installation, particularly for security systems. The article notes that the design must be scalable and support both the robust...
- Easy Touchup for Installers. // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Mar2001, Vol. 31 Issue 4, p45
Presents ways to touchup scratches in installing security systems in the United States. Occurrence of scratches; Advice on fixing the scratches; Use of a wax furniture crayon for the scratches.
- Businesses on Sprague hope cameras cut crime. Burke, Anita // Journal of Business (10756124);02/22/2001, Vol. 16 Issue 5, pA8
Reports the plan of East Spokane Business Group to install security cameras on East Sprague Avenue in Washington. Purpose of the planned installation; Description and components of the camera; Role of law enforcers on the plan.
- Secure the Atypical. Hodgson, Karyn // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Dec2013, Vol. 43 Issue 12, p65
The article offers information on the specialized or atypical installations of security locks by security integrators and dealers. It mentions that one of the magnetic locks of Dortonics Systems was utilized on a refrigerated cattle stall called a cow cooler. It notes that compliance is a big...