A puzzling cause of melaena
- Spells. // Mayo Clinic Health Letter;Aug1997, Vol. 15 Issue 8, p1
Offers information on spells highlighting the causes. Symptoms of a spell; Information on the categories that the causes of spells can be divided into; When to seek emergency care; Areas where one can help a doctor. INSET: Do a pulse check..
- The prevalence and characteristics of dizziness in an elderly community. Colledge, Nicola R.; Wilson, Janet A. // Age & Ageing;Mar1994, Vol. 23 Issue 2, p117
Determines the prevalence of dizziness in people aged 65 years and over living at home in South West Edinburgh, Scotland. Characteristics of reported dizziness; Relationship between dizziness and cardiovascular risk factors; Incidence of dizziness; Associations between prevalence of dizziness,...
- Using the Romberg's test to evaluate dizziness. Thomas, Susan // Practice Nursing;Feb2013, Vol. 24 Issue 2, p84
The article offers step-by-step instructions for using and administering the Romberg's test to pinpoint sensory insufficiency as well as some general information on the causes of a positive test.
- Spin Control. Drexler, Madeline // Good Housekeeping;Oct99, Vol. 229 Issue 4, p80
Presents information on dizziness. Percentage of cases of dizziness that is linked to a major illness; Major causes of dizziness in women; How dizziness is treated in different cases. INSET: When Dizziness Is Serious.
- Sinusodial vertical-axis rotation test in a patient with a long history of dizziness. Brookler, Kenneth H. // ENT: Ear, Nose & Throat Journal;Nov2001, Vol. 80 Issue 11, p786
Focuses on a case study of a patient with a long history of dizziness. Details on the dizziness suffered by the patient; Clinical findings on the patient; Results of the sinusoidal vertical-axis rotation test made on the patient.
- Electronystagmography: Dizziness and vestibulocollic symptoms. Brookler, Kenneth H.; Palacios, Enrique; Valvassori, Galdino; Antonio, Michael D' // ENT: Ear, Nose & Throat Journal;Nov2000, Vol. 79 Issue 11, p841
Deals with the findings of the neurotologic examination of a 50-year-old woman complaining of an intermittent tingling in the back of her head. Dizzy spells of the woman; Performance of the woman in the Romberg test; Views on the application of the Jongkees' formula in the woman's case.
- Dizziness: State of the Science. Sloan, Philip D.; Coeytaux, Remy R.; Dallara, John // Annals of Internal Medicine;05/01/2001 Part 2, Vol. 134 Issue 9, p823
Investigates the symptoms of dizziness to provide investigators with a consistent criteria in describing the condition in order to establish correct diagnosis. Prevalence of dizziness on all age groups; Classification of dizziness; Relationship between dizziness and functional impairment;...
- Diagnosing Dizziness in the Emergency and Primary Care Settings. Kruschinski, Carsten; Hummers-Pradier, Eva // Mayo Clinic Proceedings;Nov2008, Vol. 83 Issue 11, p1297
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article about the prevalence of different causes of dizziness that was published in the previous issue.
- Five keys for diagnosing most vertigo, dizziness, and imbalance syndromes: an expert opinion. Brandt, Thomas; Strupp, Michael; Dieterich, Marianne // Journal of Neurology;Jan2014, Vol. 261 Issue 1, p229
A letter to the editor about the diagnostic criteria for vertigo, dizziness and imbalance syndromes which are used by the German Center for Vertigo and Balance Disorders is presented.