BBT's Set-Top One Year Late
- Changes: Consolidation comes to China. Tom, Adam S. // CED;Dec2008, Vol. 34 Issue 12, p14
The article focuses on the consolidation among the cable systems industry in China. It notes that the consolidation in China, which falls under the authority of State Administration of Radio, Film, and Television (SARFT), is more structured compared to the U.S. where cable industry started as...
- Tru2way sells out. // CED;Dec2008, Vol. 34 Issue 12, p21
The article focuses on the development in the tru2way technology for interactive digital cable services delivered over the cable video network in the U.S. It mentions the launch of tru2way technology at The Cable Show and the Society of Cable Telecommunications Engineers (SCTE) Cable-Tec Expo in...
- FREEZE FRAME. // Multichannel News;5/21/2012, Issue 21, p83
Photographs of highlights from several events related to the cable television industry in the U.S. are presented including the Broadband Cable Association of Pennsylvania's Cable Academy event, Telemundo's New York upfront, the e Weather Channel's 30th anniversary party.
- TRANSLATION PLEASE: Your 2012 Cable Show Jargon Descrambler. ELLIS, LESLIE // Multichannel News;5/21/2012, Issue 21, p88
The article offers information on the 2012 Cable Show in Boston, Massachusetts.
- Bouncing Into Boston. // Multichannel News;5/21/2012, Issue 21, p91
The author discusses the 2012 Cable Show, offering updates to companies in the cable television industry in the U.S.
- Content Economics Could Play In Cable's Favor. FARRELL, MIKE // Multichannel News;5/28/2012, Issue 22, p22
The article reports on the impact of the U.S. economic problems on the ratings of cable television (TV) programmers to over-the-top TV services.
- stat snapshot. // Multichannel News;11/18/2013, Vol. 34 Issue 44, p39
The article presents a bar graph depicting growth in video-on-demand viewing for cable networks in America from October 2012 to September 2013, along with a table depicting America's top 20 original cable movies for the same period.
- A la carte cable, good or bad. Powderly II, Henry E. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);5/11/2007, Vol. 54 Issue 20, p12A
The article provides information about the a la carte cable services in the U.S. According to a Reuters story, the chairman of the Federal Communications Commission, Kevin Martin, thinks it is a plan worth investing in. Martin stated that an a la carte regime would enable viewers to buy their...
- What If Cable's Ratings Woes Aren't Real? Wolff, Michael // Hollywood Reporter;1/23/2015, Vol. 421 Issue 2, p36
The article discusses the failure of global information and measurement firm Nielsen's outdated tools to account for the new viewership patterns of television in the U.S. in 2015. Topics covered include the steep drop in aggregate cable viewership since summer 2014, how the television industry's...