Outdoor Channel Springs Ahead
- Honoring the Past, Looking Ahead. Neel, K. C. // Multichannel News;10/13/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 40, p28
An advertising supplement reviewing the Cable Center in Denver, Colorado is presented.
- Three Lessons TV Can Learn From Cable Pitches. Steinberg, Brian // Variety;5/13/2014, Vol. 324 Issue 1, p10
An excerpt is presented from an article on cable television advertising sales presentations by cable television industry firms posted in the publication's Website.
- Revolt Helps Delay Nielsen Ad Ratings. Moss, Linda // Multichannel News;11/6/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 44, p41
The article reports on the postponement of releasing television commercial ratings by Nielsen Media Research in the U.S. As part of the revolt against cable industry, Nielsen has delayed to release average commercial minute ratings. Nielsen claimed on the need for additional discussion with...
- Looking Out for the Little Guy. // Multichannel News;4/18/2011, Vol. 32 Issue 16, p35
In this article the author discusses the American Cable Association (ACA) Summit in Washington, D.C. on April 18, 2011 wherein she looks forward on the Commercial Advertisement Loudness Mitigation (CALM) Act that was received by the U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC) from the U.S....
- India TV networks raise rates by up to 30pc. Prasad, Gunjan // Media: Asia's Media & Marketing Newspaper;4/20/2007, p6
The article reports that Indian television broadcasters, including Star, Zee and Sony, are all set to raise advertising rates across the board by between 10 to 30 per cent. According to broadcasters, the move is justified on grounds of burgeoning cable and satellite viewership. According to...
- Upfront May Pump Up Volume. Lafayette, Jon // Multichannel News;6/20/2011, Vol. 32 Issue 25, p8
The article reports on the estimated increase in the portion of cable industry in the advertisement-sales auction by at least 15% in 2011, which will bring a total volume of 9.4 billion dollars on advertising commitments.
- Cable Upfront Tallies $8B. Moss, Linda // Multichannel News;7/7/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 26, p2
The article looks at the performance of the cable television industry in the United States in July 2008. Estimates for TV sales during the upfront market typically vary. The gross rating points (GRPs) were down in 2008 and advertisers need their GRPs in any economy. It mentions that advertisers...
- Microsoft Plans for Personalized Ads. Haugsted, Linda; Spangler, Todd; Moss, Linda // Multichannel News;8/13/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 32, p47
The article reports on the patent application by Microsoft for a new system that will enable highly-personalized television advertising in the U.S. in 2007. It includes information on the key features and specifications of the new system, as well as its potential market applications in the cable...
- Cable networks could beat broadcast to upfront finish line. // Advertising Age;6/24/2013, Vol. 84 Issue 25, p3
The article speculates on the end of the upfronts market for television advertising during the 2013-14 television season, discussing the likelihood that cable television networks will finish their negotiations before network television stations in June 2013 and discussing the implications of...