- Nine and a Half Theses on Religious Broadcasting. CLANCY, THOMAS H. // America;4/7/1979, Vol. 140 Issue 13, p271
The author presents nine and a half theses on religious broadcasting. He asserts that religious broadcasting is booming and urges the Catholic press to devote more attention to evaluate and criticize the religious programs in the television and radio. He also asserts that Catholic religious...
- Educators' Television Code. // America;8/2/1958, Vol. 99 Issue 18, p467
The author reflects on the code on television prepared by the International Catholic Association for Radio and Television. He presents the statement of Bishop Francois CharriÃ¨re during the Geneva convention in October 1957 highlighting the responsibility for educating the youth. He concludes...
- La telefÃ©: religiÃ³n mediatizada. SIERRA, LUIS IGNACIO // Signo y Pensamiento;1/1/2007, Vol. 26 Issue 50, p232
In this text, the author presents a report of his doctoral research in social communication titled "Tele-faith: Mass-media Religion: Strategies for the Experiencing of Religious Meaning by Tele-faithful Viewers of the Rede Vida Television Network in Porto Alegre, R.S., Brazil". The research...
- Islands in the Global Stream: Television, Religion and Geographic integration. Hoover, Stewart M. // Studies in World Christianity;2005, Vol. 11 Issue 1, p125
The article observes that the role of television in the religious culture of islands in modernity has little to do with geography but more about the integration of television into the evolving religious cultures of people. The supposedly special characteristics of television in Christian...
- Catholic Broadcasters --A Lost Legion? Witte, Rita // America;2/7/1959, Vol. 100 Issue 18, p544
The article presents the author's views on the implementation of the principles highlighted in the encyclical "Miranda Prorsus," in mass media. The encyclical states that radio and television audiences should watch only Catholic programs. According to the author, boxed logs in Catholic...
- Confessing Christ. // Lakelander (Whitney, TX);9/19/2012, Vol. 25 Issue 38, p7
The article presents information on a television program related to Christianity presented by the Whitney Church of Christ in Whitney, Texas.
- Hope. // Lakelander (Whitney, TX);11/ 7/2012, Vol. 25 Issue 45, p9
The article presents information on the telecasting of a television program related to hope by the Whitney, Texas Church of Christ on November 11, 2012.
- Prepare For Worship. // Lakelander (Whitney, TX);8/ 1/2012, Vol. 25 Issue 31, p3
The article presents information on the telecasting of a worship related program by the Whitney Church of Christ in Whitney, Texas.
- 'Christian Nation' Video Removed From Calif. City Channel. // Church & State;Dec2006, Vol. 59 Issue 11, p3
The article reports that WallBuilders' videos were removed from the city-supported station, Channel 24, after receiving a complaint from a resident in El Cajon, California in October 2006. Religious Right member David Barton, founder of Wallbuilders Inc., argues that the U.S. is a Christian...