Now On Demand: Baseball
- Baseball makes pitch to China. Landreth, Jonathan // Hollywood Reporter;4/5/2010, Vol. 414 Issue 4, p4
The article reports on the live television broadcast of Major League Baseball's opening match in China.
- A Homer for the MLB. // Broadcasting & Cable;11/10/2008, Vol. 138 Issue 44, p24
The article offers information on the launching of Major League Baseball (MLB) Network in the United States. MLB Network will be aired live in high-definition (HD). Owners of Major League Baseball has given minority stakes to Comcast, Time Warner Cable, NFL Network, as well as DirectTV in...
- Covering their bases. Greenberg, Steve // Sporting News;7/16/2007, Vol. 231 Issue 29, p5
The article focuses on the baseball player Barry Bonds's anticipated 755th and 756th home runs. The San Francisco Giants are playing on Saturday July 21, 2007 on the FOX channel and Monday July 23, 2007 on the channel ESPN. The television show on ESPN "Baseball Tonight" has rights to cut in at...
- BATTER UP! ESPN DEAL PUTS MLB IN SCORING POSITION. BLOCK, ALEX BEN // Hollywood Reporter;9/14/2012, Vol. 418 Issue 31, p20
The article reports on the deal between cable network ESPN and Major League Baseball (MLB), in which ESPN will pay 5.6 billion dollars over eight years for a package of MLB games.
- San Francisco Giants. Schulman, Henry // Sporting News;04/06/98, Vol. 222 Issue 14, p50
Presents information on the San Francisco Giants, a baseball team within the Major League Baseball. Pitching training for player Russ Ortiz at the minor league; Performance of other players.
- San Francisco Giants. Schulman, Henry // Sporting News;7/15/96, Vol. 220 Issue 29, p27
Provides information on the San Francisco Giants during the 1996 regular season of the Major League Baseball. Pitchers' statistics against the Los Angeles Dodgers and Colorado Rockies; Players' number of hits, runs, and homeruns; Players' performance average against right- and left-handed pitchers.
- San Francisco Giants. Schulman, Henry // Sporting News;7/22/96, Vol. 220 Issue 30, p24
Presents developments involving the San Francisco Giants of Major League Baseball's National League for the week ending July 22, 1996. Win-loss record; Poor performance by pitcher Mark Leiter; Efforts by team officials to trade for a starting pitcher and a power hitter.
- San Francisco Giants. Schulman, Henry // Sporting News;01/20/97, Vol. 221 Issue 3, p36
Reports on developments concerning the San Francisco Giants of Major League Baseball's National League for the week ending January 20, 1997. Signing of catcher Damon Berryhill and righthanded reliever Doug Henry; Darryl Hamilton's possible start as center fielder and lead-off hitter.
- Staff can't overcome offensive problems. Schulman, Henry // Sporting News;05/19/97, Vol. 221 Issue 20, p36
Assesses the performance of the San Francisco Giants in Major League Baseball's National League as of May 19, 1997. Struggling offense of the team; Lefthander Kirk Rueter's solid performance; Win-loss record; Team statistics. INSET: Playing hardball..