Six predictions to raise spirits
- HDAW '13 speaker to outline game-changing factors. // Trailer/Body Builders Exclusive Insight;10/9/2012, p6
The article offers information on the Heavy Duty Aftermarket Week 2013 (HDAW'13) scheduled for January 21-24, 2013 in Las Vegas, Nevada, noting that 35-year transportation industry veteran Derek Kaufman will present Technology Trends Driving Aftermarket Opportunities during the education program.
- Global heavy trucks market. // Aroq - Just-Auto;Jan2014, p1
The article offers information on the global heavy trucks market as of January 2014 and provides forecast until 2018. Among the key indicators that were discussed include the commercial vehicle sector, Internet shopping, and the need to improve fuel efficiency. Information regarding the...
- Class 8 net order retreat mostly seasonal. // Trailer / Body Builders;Sep2010, Vol. 51 Issue 11, p3
The article reveals that the net orders of heavy-duty Class 8 commercial vehicles dropped by 27 percent in July 2010 from June 2010.
- Heavy-duty discussions. Sauer, Bruce // Trailer / Body Builders;Feb2012, Vol. 53 Issue 4, p40
The article discusses the highlights of the Heavy Duty Dialog held in Las Vegas, Nevada on January 23, 2012. The annual event is produced by the Heavy Duty Manufacturers Association (HDMA) which recapped the progress of Motor and Equipment Remanufacturers Association (MERA). Remarks were given...
- HDAW hits home run. Weber, Rick // Trailer / Body Builders;Mar2010, Vol. 51 Issue 5, p32
The article discusses the highlights of the 5th annual Heavy Duty Aftermarket Week (HDAW) conference held in Las Vegas, Nevada from January 18 to 21, 2010. Over 1200 pre-scheduled one-on-one distributor-supplier meetings were held, eight educational programs in areas like benefiting from...
- Heavy-duty vehicle demand stays healthy. // Trailer / Body Builders;Sep2010, Vol. 51 Issue 11, p8
The article reports that strong recovery in net margins for publicly traded truckload companies in the second quarter of 2010 is expected to drive continued improvement in demand for heavy-duty vehicles and trailers according to ACT Research Company.
- Together at Last. O'BRIEN, PATRICK // Diesel;May/Jun2011, Vol. 11 Issue 2, p36
The author discusses why truck operators feedback is critical to the success of the National Heavy Vehicle Regulator (NHVR) comes into force in 2013 in Australia. NHVR will have the authority to implement a set of across-the-board heavy vehicle laws. The National Transport Commission (NTC)...
- The YEAR that was. BROOKS, STEVE // Diesel;Mar/Apr2013, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p20
The article presents a market review of the Australian trucking industry for 2012. According to the Truck Industry Council (TIC), the total number of trucks delivered in 2012 is 30,745 gaining 10.4% over 2011. It says that the heavy duty sector has a strong rebound in 2012 that tallied 11,378...
- McAleese foresees prosperous future. // Bulk Transporter;Mar2008, Vol. 70 Issue 9, p10
The article reports on the perspective of Joe McAleese, chairman of the Heavy Duty Manufacturers Association (HDMA) concerning the future of the truck industry in the U.S. He urged members to plan for sustainable growth, acknowledge the emergence of the global economy and ensure safety through...