NHTSA asks for assist
- NHTSA must stop regulating autos by implication. // Automotive News;6/24/1996, Vol. 70 Issue 5665, p12
Opinion. Comments on the US National Highway Traffic Safety Administration's (NHSTA) vehicle-safety regulation. Features of the NHSTA's New Car Assessment Program.
- NHTSA to issue truck tire regs. Moore, Miles // Tire Business;2/4/2008, Vol. 25 Issue 22, p3
The article reports that the U.S. National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) is going to issue safety regulations for truck tire registrations. According to Stephen Kratzke, NHTSA associate administrator for rulemaking, the rule updating safety and testing standards for heavy-duty...
- NHTSA will research spray. // Commercial Carrier Journal;Jul99, Vol. 156 Issue 7, p34
Reports on the United States Senate Appropriations Committee's order for the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) to provide a comprehensive and updated review/evaluation of spray-suppression measures of commercial vehicles.
- Time to Improve the Highway Safety System. Dodge, David // Professional Safety;Feb2014, Vol. 59 Issue 2, p10
A letter to the editor is presented regarding the U.S. transportation system and the number of highway system-related deaths and injuries reported by the U.S. National Highway and Traffic Administration.
- Trucking Mirror Image. // Traffic World;9/19/2005, Vol. 269 Issue 38, p13
Reports on the U.S. National Highway Traffic Safety Administration's (NHTSA) proposed rule for delivery trucks to install mirror or video systems. Proposed rule that would set rear-view performance standards for single-unit trucks; Type of trucks that the rule is applicable; NHTSA statement on...
- March looks good for brake rule. Nguyen, Terrence // Fleet Owner;Jan2007, Vol. 102 Issue 1, p16
The article states that the U. S. National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) pursues a truck stopping distance rule. Although NHTSA's original proposal is to reduce the stopping distance by 20 to 30%, ArvinMeritor and Meritor Wabco anticipate the final rule will lean closer to 30%....
- Closing a loophole. York, Jim // Fleet Owner;May2004, Vol. 99 Issue 5, p37
Comments on the Notice of Proposed Rulemaking published by the U.S. National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) to tighten a loophole in the law that makes it possible for drivers to obtain licenses from multiple states in order to hide their bad driving records in a non-Commercial...
- Deadline News. // Rubber & Plastics News;3/9/2015, Vol. 44 Issue 16, p0003
The article reports that representatives of the U.S. National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) skipped the tire and vehicle regulatory harmonization meetings held in Geneva, Switzerland from February 16-20, 2015. The NHTSA said that they did not attend since it was not in a position...
- The good fight. Weber, Rick // Trailer / Body Builders;Oct2008, Vol. 49 Issue 12, p50
The article deals with the efforts of the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) and the supplier task force comprised of various trade associations to prevent the importation of noncompliant parts into the U.S. The task force of North American parts suppliers include the Motor &...