Freightliner releases guidelines
- Freightliner exhaust guidelines. Weber, Rick // Trailer / Body Builders;Nov2007, Vol. 49 Issue 1, p44
The article discusses the guidelines released by Freightliner at the National Truck Equipment Association (NTEA) 2007 Truck Product Conference in Dearborn, Michigan. The guidelines ensure that bodybuilder exhaust modifications to 2007 Business Clash M2 trucks are consistent with requirements of...
- Freightliner revives American LaFrance. // Fleet Owner;Oct96, Vol. 91 Issue 10, p38
Reports on Freightliner Corp.'s development of the American LaFrance (ALF) Eagle Series fire-truck chassis. Comments of Freightliner president and CEO Jim Hebe on the capabilities of the chassis; Available models; Specifications; Features.
- Freightliner: new exhausts, no problems. Weber, Rick // Trailer / Body Builders;Nov2010, Vol. 52 Issue 1, p32
The article focuses on the Truck Product Conference of Freightliner, in which it showed a wide variety of options for exhaust system routing. Ivan Neblett said that their exhaust system fits perfectly on all trucks regardless of its body installation due to its flexibility which is at the same...
- Shoeless braking. Hartley // Overdrive;Nov99, Vol. 39 Issue 11, p41
Focuses on the growing use of engine and exhaust system brakes in trucks. Function of the brakes making use of a butterfly valve to restrict the flow of exiting gases in the manifold; Range of injection-cycle efficiency of the brakes.
- CARB APPROVES REEFER UNIT RETROFITS. // Journal of Commerce (1542-3867);2/17/2014 Cool Cargoes Supplement, p28
The article reports on the approval of a new emissions system for reefer units by the California Air Resources Board that can be used to retrofit existing noncompliant units, verifying Carrier Transicold's Engine Emissions System as a Level 3 Plus diesel emissions control strategy.
- Let it Breathe. RICE, JEREMY // Street Trucks;Aug2015, Vol. 17 Issue 8, p114
The article offers step-by-step instructions for installing the cat-back exhaust system of CGS Performance Products on 2014-15 model Sierra and Silverado pickup trucks.
- Freightliner races toward rack and pinion. // Commercial Carrier Journal;May2006, Vol. 163 Issue 5, p26
Highlights the development of a rack-and-pinion steering system for Class 8 trucks of Freightliner by truck racer Mike Ryan in collaboration with Freightliner engineers. Capabilities of the steering system; Availability of the equipment as an option on Freightliner trucks, including Coronado...
- N.A. gets first truck wind tunnel. Mele, Jim // Fleet Owner;May2004, Vol. 99 Issue 5, p44
Reports on the wind tunnel, an aerodynamic research facility for trucks, opened by Freightliner in Portland, Oregon. Use of the facility for a truck due for release in 2007; Drag and fuel consumption reduction goals for the truck; Partial offsetting of the cost of the facility by an Oregon tax...
- A True Onboard Computer Enters the Market. Marshall, Lawson // Fleet Equipment;Dec99, Vol. 25 Issue 12, p8
Talks about the Truck Productivity Computer from Freightliner Corp. Why the trucking industry needs an onboard computer; Integrated global positioning system unit; Why the computer might be affordable.