Sapa AB agrees to acquire Kam Kiu
- Sapa, Alcoa merge aluminum operations. // Trailer / Body Builders;Jun2007, Vol. 48 Issue 8, p5
The article reports that Orkla and Alcoa have signed and closed an agreement merging their aluminum profile operations to form an international company called Sapa AB. The new firm will have 19% and 27% market shares in Europe and North America, respectively. The combined net sales for the new...
- Sapa to Transform in UK. // Glass Age;Apr2004, Vol. 47 Issue 4, p5
Reports on the impact of the acquisition of Remi-Claeys by Sapa AB on Sapa Building Systems' business in Great Britain. Offer by Sapa Buildings Systems of a greatly extended product range to the European and Great Britain markets; Recognition of RC System, Remi-Claeys' building systems division...
- VENDOR NEWS. Duff, Mike // Retailing Today;8/21/2006, Vol. 45 Issue 15, p17
The article reports on the letter of intent from WestPoint Home to acquire all the home textile assets of Manama Textile Mills in Bahrain, which will permit WestPoint Home to further plans to build its own production capabilities abroad.
- From the Legal Corner. // Central Penn Business Journal;12/2/2011, Vol. 27 Issue 49, p26
The article provides an answer to a question of whether it is advisable to start a potential merger and acquisition through the execution of a letter of intent (LOI).
- New Perspectives On the Letter of Intent. // Mergers & Acquisitions: The Dealermaker's Journal;Oct2000, Vol. 35 Issue 9, p18
Focuses on the letters of intent used by companies contemplating a merger. Nature of letters of intent; Purpose of a letter of intent; Contents of the letter; Agreements included in a confidentiality agreement; Increase in detailed letters of intent.
- Selling Your Company--Successfully. Spilka, George // Pit & Quarry;Mar99, Vol. 91 Issue 9, p40
Details some points to consider when a company is approached about a merger or acquisition. Role of an acquisition consultant; Experience of the author in mergers; Letter of intent; Non-financial issues; Negative developments.
- Encore Group Buys Fox Metals & Alloys. // Metal Center News;May2006, Vol. 46 Issue 6, p12
The article states that Canadian service center company Encore Group Inc. has expanded its business to the Southwestern U.S. with the planned acquisition of Fox Metals & Alloys of Houston, Texas. The companies signed a letter of intent in April 2006 for Encore Group to purchase Fox's specialty...
- Fiber World. Dunn, Rachael S. // Textile World;Nov2002, Vol. 152 Issue 11, p28
Reports developments in the textile industry as of November 2002 in the U.S. Merger between Unifi Inc. and Tuntex Public Co. Ltd.; Details on the signing of letter of intent to purchase Southern Polymer Inc. by Washington Penn Plastics Co.Inc.; Release of saxony and loop-pile carpets by Globaltex.
- Conglomerate wants JPE. Sherefkin, Robert // Crain's Detroit Business;10/12/98, Vol. 14 Issue 41, p1
Reports that DGI Investments Inc., signed a letter of intent to acquire a controlling interest in JPE Inc. Name of company DGI is an affiliate of; Value of cash payment; Amount of money DGI will invest for 51 percent ownership or more in JPE; Comments from JPE's founder and former chief...