Great Dane names Accuride as supplier
- ACCURIDE EXPANDING FORGED ALUMINUM WHEEL CAPACITY. // Forging;Mar/Apr2012, Vol. 22 Issue 2, p6
The article reports on the move of Accuride Corp. to expand its aluminum wheel capacity at its aluminum forging plant in Camden, South Carolina. It states that the company invested $75-million capital-investment for 2012 and made $35-million investments in 2011 to improve its steel wheel...
- ACCURIDE BOOSTS CAPACITY WITH FORGED WHEEL MANUFACTURER. // Forging;Jul/Aug2011, Vol. 20 Issue 4, p10
The article reports on the move of Accuride Corp. to add a forged aluminum wheel manufacturer to its operations following an agreement with Kamylon Capital to acquire its Forgitron Technologies LLC holding.
- Webb Wheel Products Chosen by Great Dane Trailers. // Fleet Equipment;Dec2001, Vol. 27 Issue 12, p47
Reports on the decision of Great Dane Trailers to select Webb Wheel Products to supply the Platinum Drum for its SuperSeal XLT reefer. Development goal of Great Dane; Information on the Platinum Series of brake drums; Webb's response to Great Dane's decision.
- Webb Wheel Products Chosen by Great Dane Trailers. // Fleet Equipment;Jan2002, Vol. 28 Issue 1, p44
Reports on the decision of Great Dane Trailers to select Webb Wheel Products to supply the platinum drum as a standard equipment for their SuperSeal XLT reefer. Information on the platinum drums; Remarks from Great Dane technical information manager Adam Hill.
- Alcoa recalls forged aluminum light truck wheels. Stephenson, Stan // Automotive Body Repair News;Aug2003 Supplement, Vol. 42, p16
Reports on the recall of the forged aluminum wheels made by the automobile firm Alcoa Wheel and Forged Products in the U.S. Manufacturing date of the wheels; Wheels included in the recall; Contact information.
- LCA FINDS FORGED ALUMINUM WHEELS CUT CO2 FOR TRUCKS. // Forging;Sep/Oct2012, Vol. 22 Issue 5, p18
The article presents information on a lifecycle assessment (LCA) study released by Alcoa Wheel and Transportation Products, which states that forged aluminum wheels have a much lower carbon footprint than steel wheels for commercial vehicles.
- Alcoa Wheel observes 60-year anniversary. // Trailer / Body Builders;May2008, Vol. 49 Issue 7, p11
The article offers information on the 60th anniversary of Cleveland, Ohio-based Alcoa Wheel and Transportation Products in 2008. It notes that the anniversary will run for a week. It recalls that the company paved the way in innovation, growth, technology and sustainability for forged aluminum...
- Go green with Great Dane eco-friendly, durable products. // Fleet Equipment;Mar2009, Vol. 35 Issue 3, p46
The article on the launch of SSL, a dry van line, from Great Dane Trailers Inc. It states that it features the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) SmartWay specification with side skirts, front fairings, low rolling resistance tires, aluminum wheels and other lightweight materials. It...
- Great Dane Showcases New Technology at MATS. // Trailer/Body Builders Exclusive Insight;3/27/2014, p1
The article offers brief information on truck technologies showcased by Great Dane Trailers Inc. at the Mid-America Trucking Show including the Accuride wheels with Steel ArmorTM powder-coating technology, the Platinum Performance PlusTM wheel-end system, and the Freedom LT flatbed trailer.