Intermodal downturn occurs in December
- SOUTH AMERICA'S LEADING EDGE. Mongelluzzo, Bill // Journal of Commerce (1542-3867);9/7/2009, Vol. 10 Issue 35, p16
The article discusses the state of the container trading market in South America as export and import performance report showed growth as of September 2009. Due to a strong market performance, the region starts to acquire a stable stance in the global trade sector. Shipping executives were noted...
- Exports Surge Through Oakland. // Journal of Commerce (1542-3867);1/4/2010, Vol. 11 Issue 1, p7
The article provides information about the 39.7% increase in containerized exports from Oakland, California in November 2009 compared to 2008 which shows a strong demand for goods from the U.S. west coast. Since June 2009, exports have remained steady where normally the container traffic goes...
- FTR: July index reflects benign conditions for shippers. // Fleet Owner Exclusive Insight;9/28/2015, p1
The article focuses on the Shippers Conditions Index (SCI) released by the freight transportation consultancy FTR for July 2015. Topics discussed include prospects for decline in SCI during 2015 due to stronger freight conditions and rising fuel prices; views of Jonathan Starks, director of...
- FTR's September Shippers Conditions Index Stays Same. // Trailer/Body Builders Exclusive Insight;11/19/2012, p1
The article reports that the Shippers Condition Index (SCI) of FTR Associates for September 2012 has basically remained unchanged from August 2012.
- April's FTR Shippers Conditions Index Up Slightly. // Trailer/Body Builders Exclusive Insight;6/20/2013, p2
The article reports that FTR Associates' Shippers Conditions Index for April 2012 registered a reading of negative 6.9, a slight improvement of the previous month.
- Capacity Will Be Tight for at Least the Next Two Years. // Material Handling Management Exclusive Insight;2/21/2012, p2
The article discusses FTR Associates' market trends which show that shipping capacities will be tight in 2012.
- FTR Shippers Conditions Index for January shows little change. // Bulk Transporter Exclusive Insight;3/13/2012, p3
The article reports on the FTR Associates' Shippers Conditions Index (SCI) for January 2012 that remained unchanged from the previous month, with a reading of -4.8.
- FTR Shippers Conditions Index Falls in February. // Trailer/Body Builders Exclusive Insight;4/18/2012, p1
The article reports on the decline in the FTR Associates' Shippers Conditions Index (SCI) for February 2012 by a full point from January to a reading of -5.6.
- Silver Lining: Lousy Economy Keeps Capacity under Control. // Material Handling Management Exclusive Insight;6/18/2012, p1
The article discusses the Shippers Conditions Index (SCI) from FTR Associates for April 2012.