Wabash launches initiatives to enhance cost structure
- Wabash joins 50 top US manufacturers list. // Trailer / Body Builders;Sep2013, Vol. 54 Issue 11, p10
The article announces that semi-truck trailer manufacturer Wabash National Corp. has been recognized as one of the "50 Best U.S. Manufacturers" in the July 2013 issue of "IndustryWeek."
- Wabash National Corp. appears to be on the incline. Ketzenberger, Jolene // Indianapolis Business Journal;5/26/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 11, p16B
Focuses on Lafayette, Indiana-based truck trailer manufacturer Wabash National Corp. Financial results for the first quarter in 2003; Four key areas the company needed to focus on; Efforts to improve efficiency.
- Wabash truck-trailer maker begins job cuts of temp workers. // Indianapolis Business Journal;8/20/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 24, p18
The article reports that Lafayette, Indiana-based truck-trailer manufacturer Wabash National Corp. has started a series of previously announced job cuts due to a decrease in orders for truck-trailers. At the end of June 2007, Wabash had 3,600 workers and 540 temporary workers. It has shipped...
- Wabash National Corp. implements additional cost-cutting measures. // Trailer / Body Builders;Feb2009, Vol. 50 Issue 4, p8
The article announces that new trailer units shipments for the fourth quarter and fully year 2008 are expected to be 9,300 and 33,000 units, respectively, according to Wabash National Corporation. Particular focus is given to the actions taken by the company to minimize its corporate overhead...
- After the fall. // Trailer / Body Builders;Jul2003 Buyer's Guide Issue, Vol. 44 Issue 9, p24
Discusses the recovery of U.S. trailer manufacturer Wabash National Corp. from its poor market condition in 2000. Challenges that the firm has faced; Factors that helped direct improvements in the way the company builds trailers; Progress that it has made in improving its manufacturing operation.
- Wabash aspires to build '10-year trailer.' // Trailer / Body Builders;Apr2004, Vol. 45 Issue 6, p10
No abstract available.
- Total industry shipments remain steady for 29 largest trailer builders. Schenck, Paul // Trailer/Body Builders Exclusive Insight;2/1/2014, p2
The article reports on the stability of total industry shipments in the truck trailer manufacturing industry in North America in 2013. It mentions industry data including the 244,864 truck trailers built by the largest 29 trailer manufacturers for the year, the forecast of several of those...
- Trailer manufacturers post 65% gain. Schenck, Paul // Trailer / Body Builders;Feb2011, Vol. 52 Issue 4, p18
The article reports on the average 65% increase in production posted by leading truck trailer manufacturers in North America. The number of truck trailers shipped by the manufacturers have increased from 78,525 trailers in 2009 to 121,128 in 2010, according to the results of the annual survey by...
- The Future In A Box. // Overdrive;Dec2006 Supplement, Vol. 46, p96
The article discusses the trend among truck trailer manufacturers of producing a lighter, stronger and steadier trailers to be offered in the market. These trailers are made up of aluminum and a composite panel system made of steel bonded to a high density plastic core. One of the company that...