Volvo Group deliveries up 22% in January
- Future outlook 'not positive' for Nissan Diesel. Treece, James // Automotive News Europe;05/22/2000, Vol. 5 Issue 11, p22
Looks at the financial status of Nissan Diesel Motor Co., a maker of medium and heavy trucks in Japan. Revision of its debt-reduction targets and profit forecast; Impact of the merger between Renault and Nissan on Nissan Diesel; Cost-cutting goal of Nissan Diesel; Sales of Nissan Diesel.
- Japanese Truck Makers Face Difficult Future. // Automotive Industries;Nov2002, Vol. 182 Issue 11, p14
Reports on issues surrounding the decline in demand for Japanese trucks as of November 2003. Forecasts for the losses of Nissan Diesel Motor Co.; Information on the profits of Hino Motors Ltd.; Effect of vehicle emission standards on Japanese truck manufacturers.
- SAMMANS' LEAP. Perry, Dominic // Commercial Motor;7/3/2003, Vol. 197 Issue 5035, p32
Features trucking company Alfred Sammans. Business history of Sammans; Reason for using volvo trucks; Factors for the success of the company.
- Volvo calls for EU roadtrains. // Commercial Motor;6/5/2003, Vol. 197 Issue 5031, p7
Reports on the launch of the 600hp FH16 trucks from Volvo Trucks in Great Britain. Expectation of Volvo Truck president, Jorma Halonen, on the commercial vehicle industry; Features of the truck.
- Cameras and sensors keep trucks on track. // Professional Engineering;11/8/2006, Vol. 19 Issue 20, p49
The article offers information about Integrated Safety Truck, an ultra-safe lorry that avoids barriers on the road automatically. The truck has been developed by Volvo Truck Corp. and it is equipped with cameras, sensors, scanners and an alarm system. The lane tracker helps in detecting the...
- US: Volvo invests US$69m in New River Valley truck assembly plant in Dublin. Warburton, Simon // Aroq - Just-Auto.com (Global News);7/4/2014, p3
The article presents a reprint of the article "US: Volvo invests US$69m in New River Valley truck assembly plant in Dublin," which appeared in the July 1, 2014 issue of "Aroq-Just-Auto.com." 69 million dollar invest by the global truck manufacturer Volvo Trucks Corp. in equipment, processes and...
- VOLVO FL618. Swallow, Kevin // Commercial Motor;7/3/2003, Vol. 197 Issue 5035, p24
Evaluates the used Volvo truck FL618. Engine; Sources of used Volvo FL618; Braking systems.
- Trucks surge in December. Kachadourian, Gail // Automotive News;1/26/2004, Vol. 78 Issue 6077, p22
The U.S. Class 8 truck sales in 2003 totaled 141,964 units, a 2.8% decline compared with 2002. However December sales rose 40.1% from the year-ago month, signaling optimism for the new year. Sales of Class 8 trucks in December totaled 15,106 units. Volvo Truck Corp. has posted the segment's...
- Company Spotlight: Nissan Diesel Motor. // MarketWatch: Automotive;August 2004, Vol. 3 Issue 8, p17
Presents the corporate profile of Nissan Diesel Motor Co. Ltd., manufacturer of heavy-duty trucks and buses. Partnership with International Business Machines Corp. and Dassault Systemes SA to create a vehicle configuration management system for use in the production of its new trucks; Revenues...