Tridec designs hydraulic trailer steering
- Artic van -- built for the city streets. // Motor Transport;8/26/2004, p16
Features an artic van which uses Tridec's TKS fifth wheel and TD light steering system. Views of Tridec director AJ Van Genugten on the vehicle; Description of the steering system; Advantages of the combination of van-based mini-artics with rear-steer trailers.
- Take the independent route. Shiers, Will // Motor Transport;7/13/2006, p12
The article reports that ZF is optimistic that most of the major European truck original equipment manufacturers (OEM) will have adopted its new independent front suspension (IFS) and linear rack and pinion steering technology. According to ZF senior manager sales Ludger Hï¿½smann, the OEM...
- Glass association entering anti-steering fight. Johnson, Mark // Automotive Body Repair News;Jul2004, Vol. 43 Issue 7, p22
Reveals that the Independent Glass Association has entered the anti-steering fight during its 2004 annual convention. View that consumer fraud statutes and antitrust laws can be applied to complaints of steering by third party administrators.
- FERRARI 575M F1. // Motor;Apr2005, p106
The article reports that a beautifully appointed blend of tan and black hide, it is further enlivened by the optional $3800 Oaytona-style seats with their pleated inserts. After the rampant exhilaration of the 360 Challenge car, it is almost a relief to climb into the 575M. The car boasts the...
- Das ute. // Automotive News;9/19/2005, Vol. 80 Issue 6166, p26
The article reports that Toyota's third-generation RAV4 automobile grows in length, wheelbase, width and interior. A new drive-assist system links power steering, stability control and 4wd. It has a 152-hp, 2.0-liter inline 4 as a base power-plant.
- Steering Box REBUILD. Tuzson, Paul // Street Machine;Dec2008, Vol. 29 Issue 12, p125
The article offers step-by-step instructions for rebuilding a recirculating ball steering system of an automobile.
- Steering Status. Sramcik, Tim // Automotive Body Repair News;Jul2005, Vol. 44 Issue 7, p64
Explores the state and prospects of the American market for by-wire and electric steering systems. Costs, safety concerns and other issues that have slowed the systems' entry in the U.S. market; Need of most vehicles to implement the 42 volt electrical systems required for by-wire technology;...
- Quadrasteer Pitched for Euro Cars. // Ward's Auto World;Nov2003, Vol. 39 Issue 11, p13
Reports that Delphi Corp. has developed a new version of its Quadrasteer 4-wheel steering system for European cars. Features of the system; Vehicles in which the system will be installed.
- BACKFIRE. Lee, Robert M.; Peace, Edward M. // Motor Age;May2004, Vol. 123 Issue 5, p8
Presents letters to the editor referencing articles and topics discussed in previous issues. "A Different Direction," which discussed oversteering in automobiles; Discussion on the concept of licensing.