Stobart steps into Tesco driver row
- Tesco denies 'cash to break strike'. Gray, Dylan // Commercial Motor;5/24/2007, Vol. 205 Issue 5230, p6
This article reports on claims made by the "Edinburgh Evening News" that the supermarket chain Tesco has offered Eddie Stobart drivers bonus to break picket lines. The strike is scheduled to run from May 24-26, 2007, which will affect bank holiday weekend deliveries to more than 100 Tesco stores...
- Tesco plans 250-staff transfer to Eddie Stobart. // Motor Transport;2/14/2008, p1
The article reports that the Unite union is in negotiations with Tesco over the transfer of 250 of its staff at Middlewich, Cheshire, England to Eddie Stobart. The supermarket says its intention is to overhaul the current situation, whereby Tesco, Stobart and agency drivers are air involved in...
- WTD results in better deal. // Truck & Driver;Oct2003, p6
A new era seems to be emerging slowly when it comes to truck drivers' conditions as employers finally react to the driver shortage and the Working Time Directive (WTD). Big-name companies such as Eddie Stobart Ltd. and Gist have both revealed a radical change to working hours in advance of the...
- www.TruckNetUK.com. // Commercial Motor;3/20/2008, Vol. 207 Issue 5272, p15
The article offers information on the Professional Drivers forum held in Great Britain in March 2008. Tesco drivers at Middlewich are unhappy with the takeover of the operation by Eddie Stobart. Many say they have not been offered redundancy by Tesco, but believe that Stobart will not keep them...
- Tesco jobs at risk after Eddie Stobart taiceover. // Truck & Driver;Oct2012, p8
The article offers information regarding risk of jobs for the employees of Tesco PLC after takeover by Eddie Stobart Ltd.
- Teseo enters row. Druce, Chris // Motor Transport;12/3/2012, p1
The article reports on the disappointment of Tesco PLC on the decision of Unite to reject the enhanced offer made by Eddie Stobart Ltd. after discussions through the conciliation service Acas in 2012.
- Tesco intends to transfer Cheshire RDC to Stobart. // Commercial Motor;2/14/2008, Vol. 207 Issue 5267, p7
The article reports that Eddie Stobart Ltd. is to take over the managing of Tesco's regional distribution centre (RDC) in Middlewich, Cheshire, after it reviewed its transport operations. While the details of the deal are sketchy, all drivers working at the depot are expected to transfer to...
- Stobart wins Goole work. // Commercial Motor;8/16/2007, Vol. 206 Issue 5242, p3
The article reports that Eddie Stobart will be delivering into the distribution centre of Tesco in Goole in East Yorks, England which will open in September 2007. According to the company, around 150 driving jobs will be created when it starts delivering into the site, where a biomass energy...
- Safety reminders for Stobart drivers: Stop, Think and then Act. // Truck & Driver;Sep2010, p10
The article reports on the initiative of Eddie Stobart Ltd. in which they had given its drivers pocket-sized reminder cards for safety working practices.