A "take with a grain of salt" label for Holiday Review articles
- Unlocking the Mystery Between Nutrition Knowledge and Diet Quality. Variyam, Jayachandran N.; Blaylock, James // FoodReview;May-Aug98, Vol. 21 Issue 2, p21
Examines the role that nutrition knowledge plays in shaping people's diets. Categories of factors that influence food consumption; Problem faced by nutrition educators and public-health professionals in their efforts to achieve further dietary improvements; Variation in diet quality.
- COLLEGE STUDENTS' DIETARY PRACTICES AFFECT LUTEIN/ZEAXANTHIN INTAKE: A TWO-GENERATION, ETHNIC AND GENDER STUDY. Uyi E. Osaseri; Shiu Y. Kwok; Kwok, Wendy; Tam, Chick F. // College Student Journal;Sep2008, Vol. 42 Issue 3, p715
Lutein and zeaxanthin are important anti-oxidant nutrients obtained only from foods that are essential for good eye health. The purpose of this study was to assess food choices rich in lutein/zeaxanthin and compare the amount of lutein/zeaxanthin intake amongst college students and their live-in...
- CindySays…. // State Journal (WV);2/4/2011, Vol. 27 Issue 5, p30
The article reports on the release of the 2010 Dietary Guidelines for American to promote health, reduce chronic disease risk, and prevent obesity.
- Reply to Ted Greiner: Nutritional requirements of moderately malnourished children. Golden, Michael H. // Food & Nutrition Bulletin;Jun2010, Vol. 31 Issue 2, p274
A response by Michael H. Golden to a letter to the editor about his article "Proposed Recommended Nutrient Densities for Moderately Malnourished Children,"is presented.
- Eating well. Corby, Lynda // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal Supplement;7/17/2007, Vol. 177 Issue 2, p176
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "Eating Well With Canada's Food Guide" in a 2007 issue is presented.
- Eating well. Corby, Lynda // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;7/17/2007, Vol. 177 Issue 2, p176
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "Mixed reviews for Canada's new food guide," by M. Andresen in March 13, 2007 issue.
- Federal Studies: Review of the Nutritional Status of WIC Participants. // Family Economics & Nutrition Review;2001, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p118
Presents information on the results of the Special Supplemental Nutrition program for Women, Infants, and Children (WIC) in the United States which compared nutritional content of reported food intake to national standards and its contribution to the diet of WIC participants. Total nutrient...
- Nutrition Policy in the 1990's. Crutchfield, Stephen R.; Weimer, Jon // FoodReview;Sep-Dec2000, Vol. 23 Issue 3, p38
Summarizes the nutrition policy in the United States in the 1990s. Evolution of the Dietary Guidelines for Americans; Application and uses of the Food Guide Pyramid; Effort to promote fruit and vegetable consumption.
- CITATIONS AND CLINICIANS' NOTES: PEDIATRICS. // Current Medical Literature: Clinical Nutrition;2004, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p32
Presents several abstracts on pediatrics. "Children's Food Consumption During Television Viewing" by D. M. Matheson, J. D. Killen, Y. Wang et al; "Mothers Misunderstanding Questions on a Feeding Questionnaire," by A. Jain, S. N. Sherman, L. A. Chamberlin et al; "Validity of Dietary Restraint...