FOR THE RECORD
- In brief . . . // British Medical Journal;8/19/1978, Vol. 2 Issue 6136, p581
Reports developments related to medical fees in Great Britain. Arrangements for doctors to produce list of expenses incurred for each item; Necessity for junior doctors to retain their payslips; Implications of the litigation concerning personal health records disclosure.
- Linking Payment for Care to Informed Consent. Kal, Edmud F. // JAMA: Journal of the American Medical Association;10/20/89, Vol. 262 Issue 15, p2091
Presents a letter to the editor focused on an article published in a 1989 issue of 'Journal of American Medical Association,' discussing the relationship between payment for care and informed consent.
- Linking Payment for Care to Informed Consent. Kapp, Marshall B. // JAMA: Journal of the American Medical Association;10/20/89, Vol. 262 Issue 15, p2091
Presents a letter to the editor in response to comments regarding an article published in a 1989 issue of 'Journal of American Medical Association,' on the relationship between payment for care and informed consent.
- Practice BEAT. Rose, Joan R. // Medical Economics;09/20/99, Vol. 76 Issue 18, p31
Reports on developments related to medical practice in the United States as of September 20, 1999. Includes the Oregon Medical Association's bills; Illinois appellate court's rule on informed consent; Increase in health care costs. INSETS: Congress drags its feet as states rush to protect...
- Emotional, Psychosocial And Economic Aspects Of Anophthalmos And Artificial Eye Use. Ayanniyi, Abdulkabir A. // Internet Journal of Ophthalmology & Visual Science;2009, Vol. 7 Issue 1, p2
Aim: To report the emotional, psychosocial and economic aspects of anophthalmos and artificial eye use among patients who had destructive eye surgeries. Methods: A survey of 15 anophthalmic patients on artificial eye (AE) for demography, emotional, psychosocial and economic aspects. Results:...
- Oral and written information about newborn screening should be concise and given to parents by primary prenatal care providers. Cusworthy-Aerts, Jacqueline // Evidence Based Nursing;Jan2007, Vol. 10 Issue 1, p27
The article discusses a research on oral and written information on newborn screening. According to the study, parents lack knowledge and awareness of initial newborn screening. It was also revealed that parental consent and costs of the screening were not a concern for the parents. The study...
- DEBATE: Colonoscopy Is Justified for Any Polyp Discovered During Computed Tomographic Colonography. // American Journal of Gastroenterology;Sep2005, Vol. 100 Issue 9, p1903
This article presents a discussion over ethical issues related to gastroenterology practices, specially concerning the justification of recommending patients to go for computed tomographic colonography (CTC). This discussion is driven in large part by the recognition that the cutoff size for...
- Medicare fee relief possible. Beckley, Elizabeth Thompson // Modern Physician;Feb2003, Vol. 7 Issue 2, p12
Deals with the advantage of the decision of the U.S. Senate to vote to hold Medicare physician reimbursement at 2002 levels that would become effective on March 1, 2003. Details of the omnibus spending package for 2003; Response of the House of Representatives to the decision; Focus of a...
- PPI: Hospital prices increase 4%. // AHA News;01/15/2001, Vol. 37 Issue 2, p3
Announces the increase of hospital prices in the United States for the month of December 2000.