Ditch that white coat
- Medical protective gowns in Taiwan. // Indian Textile Journal;Sep2003, Vol. 113 Issue 12, p177
Evaluates the line of medical protective gowns developed in conjunction with hospitals, textile companies and the government of Taiwan, developed by the China Textile Institute as of September 2003. Protective functions; Importance of research and development in the textile manufacturing...
- New gown, drape features have O.R. staff covered. Williamson, Julie E. // Healthcare Purchasing News;Sep2005, Vol. 29 Issue 9, p22
Focuses on the effort of drape and surgical gown manufacturers to improve their products to offer more protection, comfort, value and ease of use. Features sought by operating room personnel; Design of the Aurora gown from Medline Industries; Advantages of color-coded gowns.
- U.S. Barrier Standards 101--A primer for laundry and
textile managers. Bushman, Brad // American Laundry News (Crain Communications Inc. (MI));May2004, Vol. 30 Issue 5, p30
Provides information on the U.S. standards developed for protective apparel and surgical gowns/drapes of healthcare facilities by the Association for the Advancement of Medical Instrumentation (AAMI) and the American National Standards Institute (ANSI). Information on the two approved U.S....
- OR apparel makers weave comfort, value into innovative products. Williamson, Julie // Healthcare Purchasing News;Sep2003, Vol. 27 Issue 9, p28
Focuses on the surgical apparel offered by manufacturers . Features of the Promixa line of disposable protective surgical apparel; Primary factor when choosing drapes; Features of the surgical gloves offered by Kimberly-Clark.
- Warming gown offers versatility, convenience. // Dermatology Times;Dec2005, Vol. 26 Issue 12, p86
The article evaluates Arizant Healthcare Inc.'s Bair Paws operating room gown, and presents information about its features and benefits.
- ISOLATION GOWN PORTFOLIO. // Materials Management in Health Care;Oct2008, Vol. 17 Issue 10, p12
The article evaluates the isolation gown portfolio from Kimberly-Clark Health Care including KC100, KC200 and KC300.
- Infection Control Products. // Healthcare Purchasing News;Jun2006, Vol. 30 Issue 6, p48
This section presents information on various infection control products including the KIMTECH PURE CL3 Sterile Wipers from Kimberly-Clark Professional, ULTRA Non-Reinforced Surgical Gowns and MicroCool Surgical Gowns from Kimberly-Clark Health Care, and the 3M Coban 2 Layer Compression System.
- Task-specific surgical apparel balances comfort with protection. Akridge, Jeannie // Healthcare Purchasing News;Oct2008, Vol. 32 Issue 10, p28
The article evaluates several surgical gowns and drapes from Kimberly-Clark Health Care, which includes the KC100, KC200, and KC300.
- From the blogosphere. // Nature;8/9/2007, Vol. 448 Issue 7154, pxi
The article reports that Nature Network author Jennifer Rohn and her partner-in-design Wynn Abbott have devised a competition to challenge fashion designers, which is announced at the "Mind the Gap" blog. The competition is about creating fashionable laboratory gown in which it must still have...