Gairdner winners bumped to $100 000 next year
- A NOBEL CAUSE. // New Statesman;10/13/2008, Vol. 137 Issue 4918, p32
An image of the papilloma virus is presented with the information that Harald zur Hausen was awarded the 2008 Nobel Prize in medicine for proving that the virus caused cervical cancer.
- From the editors. // Nature Reviews Cancer;Nov2008, Vol. 8 Issue 11, p825
The article announces that Harald zur Hausen was awarded the 2008 Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine for his work on human papillomavirus (HPV) infection.
- Nobel prize to virus detectives. Bird, Lucy // Nature Reviews Immunology;Nov2008, Vol. 8 Issue 11, p828
The article announces that FranÃ§oise BarrÃ©-Sinoussi, Luc Montagnier, and Harald zur Hausen have received the Nobel prize in Physiology or Medicine.
- Worth noting. // MLO: Medical Laboratory Observer;Jan2009, Vol. 41 Issue 1, p8
The article announces that Harald zur Hausen, FranÃ§oise BarrÃ©-Sinoussi and Luc Montagnier has received the 2008 Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine for identifying viruses.
- Colouring in cells. // Nature Cell Biology;Nov2008, Vol. 10 Issue 11, p1233
The article announces several awards given to researchers including the Nobel Prize in Chemistry to Osamu Shimomura, Martin Chalfie, and Roger Tsien; the Nobel Prize for Physiology or Medicine to FrancÃ‡oise BarrÃ©-Sinoussi and Luc Montagnier; the Lasker Basic Medical Research Award to...
- Discoverers of HIV, HPV share Nobel Prize in Medicine. Volansky, Rob // Infectious Disease News;Nov2008, Vol. 21 Issue 11, p6
The article announces that FranÃ§oise BarrÃ©-Sinoussi and Luc A. Montaginer, discoverers of HIV were awarded the Nobel Prize in medicine along with Harald zur Hausen, who was responsible for discovering the human papilomavirus.
- NEWS BRIEFS. // MondayMorning;10/13/2008, Vol. 16 Issue 40, p5
The article offers news briefs related to biotechnology and latest discoveries. Luc Montagnier, Francoise Barre-Sinoussi, and Harald zur Hausen have received the 2008 Nobel prize for medicine for discovering AIDS and disseminating the information about the causes of cervical cancer. Stanford...
- Europeans win Nobel prize for discovering HIV and HPV. Watts, Geoff // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);10/11/2008, Vol. 337 Issue 7674, p833
The article reports that Francoise BarrÃ©-Sinoussi, Luc Montagnier, and Harald zur Hausen have won the 2008 Nobel prize for physiology or medicine. BarrÃ©-Sinoussi and Montagnier were recognised for their discovery of HIV. Zur Hausen discovered the human papillomavirus family which led to...
- News in brief. // Nature Medicine;Feb2009, Vol. 15 Issue 2, p124
This article presents news briefs pertaining to medicine during the months of December 2008 and January 2009. A Swedish official has begun investigation into the relationship between AstraZeneca and 2008 Nobel Prize winner Harald zur Hausen. Charles Nemeroff resigned as chair of the Emory...