Pulsed Power Plays Significant Role in High-Rise's Water-Saving Efforts
- Where Can We Help? // Scholastic News -- Edition 2;Apr2003, Vol. 59 Issue 7, p4
Presents an activity for children which deals with places where people in the house can save water and electricity and recycle.
- The ultimate recyclable. Liskey, Eric // Grounds Maintenance;Jun2002, Vol. 37 Issue 6, p4
Considers water conservation through recycling. Hydrologic cycle that keeps fresh water supply continuous; Demand placed by growing populations on water resources; Unreplenishable water from aquifers; Certainty of increase in the price of water; Ways to bring down water consumption; Strategy of...
- TOP TWEETS: #FUNFACTS WATER. // WET News: Water & Effluent Treatment News;Jan2016, Vol. 22 Issue 1, p28
Tweets, or posts from the microblogging web site Twitter, regarding facts about water, are presented.
- Water recycler flushes toilet. Arctander, Erik H. // Popular Science;Oct82, Vol. 221 Issue 4, p56A
The article evaluates the Water Maide Recycler.
- The gift of water. Deas, Gerald W. // New York Amsterdam News;4/15/2010, Vol. 101 Issue 16, p27
The article offers suggestions on water conservation. It notes the essentiality of filling the sink when washing dishes by hand instead of using a dishwasher. It mentions the likeliness of water consumption can be lessened by replacing showerhead with one that aerates and increases the flow of...
- PERCEPTIONS AND ATTITUDES TOWARD RECYCLING STORMWATER FOR IRRIGATION OF PARKLAND IN CALGARY. Valeo, C.; Draper, D.; Hwang, A. // Waste: The Social Context (2005);2005, p764
The City of Calgary is developing a strategy to irrigate parks using stormwater from retention ponds as part of conservation measures dealing with water shortages. There are no guidelines within Alberta governing this practice, thus a comprehensive assessment of stormwater recycling as an...
- A contractor shares green views with Congress. Tindall, Kevin // Contractor Magazine;Sep2008, Vol. 55 Issue 9, p48
The article highlights several issues that address the role of green technologies in spurring economic growth in the U.S. It suggests the need for new technology aimed at specifically saving water, such as water-efficient plumbing, wastewater management systems, and wastewater recycling systems...
- 22 Ways To Make a Difference. Banks, Richard // Southern Living;May2009, Vol. 44 Issue 5, p126
The article offers tips of how to make green throughout the day in South Carolina. One tip is to have a clean start by installing a low-flow showerhead and shorten the amount of time spent in bathing. Another tip is to turn off all the lights and unplug any chargers not in use such as those for...
- "Recycling Shower Water" (February issue). Caparell, Greg // 21st Century;Mar96, Vol. 7 Issue 7, p31
The article presents information on a proposed plan to recycle shower water for use in toilets. The proposal will save people 4,500 gallons of water in a year. The proposed system will also save money on water bill. Information is given on how the system will be able to solve the problems with...