Church's Hydronic System Receives Makeover After Years of Neglect
- MAXIMIZING BUILDING PERFORMANCE. Vangen, Clara M. W. // Buildings;Jun2000, Vol. 94 Issue 6, p45
Discusses how to maximize building performance. Challenges faced by facilities professional in planning for a building renovation; Examination of materials to be used; Details on some renovations and constructions in the United States; Safety measures applied in building construction.
- Facility Profile. Rosenfeld, Norman; Gillis, John // Health Facilities Management;Jun2002, Vol. 15 Issue 6, p16
Describes the renovation of the Bay Ridge Chemotherapy Center of the Staten Island University Hospital in New York City. Area and location of the chemotherapy treatment facility; Features and facilities; Details of the renovation plans.
- Liverpool library's new chapter. // FM World;9/5/2013, Vol. 10 Issue 16, p08
The article focuses on the total facility management package provided by energy services provider, Cofely, to Liverpool Central Library for 25 years as part of its involvement in the completed 55-million pound renovation of the facility.
- The H-building. Eisele, Julie // Buildings;Jun95, Vol. 89 Issue 6, p44
Describes how Boehringer Mannheim Corp. renovated its Indianapolis, Indiana building to accommodate more office space. Modernization team; Problems encountered; Pictures of new building; New interior furniture standards; Strategies of the facilities management team.
- Old Naval smack-down. Delaney, Arthur // Hill;9/5/2007, Vol. 14 Issue 100, p34
The article announces that Old Naval Hospital site will be "Hill Center's" facility in Pennsylvania. The decrepit building will become a community space for meetings, classes, receptions and recitals. Hill Center plans to turn the two-storey carriage house into a cafÃ©. Community Action Group,...
- Planning and Designing Today's Career Tech Facility. Seaman, James // Techniques: Connecting Education & Careers;Feb2010, Vol. 85 Issue 2, p10
The article discusses the importance of implementing structural changes for the improvement of several Career and Technical Education (CTE) facilities in Maine. It notes that CTE is considered to be a stepping stone for students and trainings should be properly conveyed as the image of...
- Food Network. Grotticelli, Michael // Broadcast Engineering;May2010, Vol. 52 Issue 5, p36
The article reports on the facility upgrade carried on at Food Network, which is owned and operated by Scripps Networks Interactive Inc. in New York City. It mentions that the production and post facilities was upgraded from standard definition digital to high definition (HD), with cameras, HD...
- Breaking with Tradition. Liu, Ling Woo; Beijing, Jodi Xu // Time International (Atlantic Edition);9/17/2007, Vol. 170 Issue 11, p58
The article discusses Taiwan's National Palace Museum, which was expanded in February 2007. The museum was once a tiny location with hardly enough room to display its collection, but the renovation, which added an earthquake retrofitting and an aesthetically striking lobby, has transformed it...
- Improvements on tap. James, Christopher // Works Management;Nov2004, Vol. 57 Issue 11, p27
The article reports that for American Standard Plumbing Ltd. (ASP), implementing a computerised maintenance management system was the foundation of a far-reaching maintenance improvement programme. But it was not simply a question of putting in information technology--people considerations were...