Fire Safety First
- Cities mull utility outsourcing. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;09/07/98, Vol. 241 Issue 9, p16
Reports on the sale of water system in Birmingham, Alabama, which would support school improvements and other projects. Price of the water system; How to determine whether water rates have increased; Companies which are interested in purchasing the water system.
- Judge rejects Maine haulers' request. // Waste News;10/13/97, Vol. 3 Issue 22, p1
Reports that United States District Judge Morton A. Brody refused to give haulers a temporary restraining order on October 10, 1997, that could bar Houlton from enforcing a water franchise system. Listing of the haulers; Circumstances surrounding the conflict between the town of Houlton and the...
- No free lunch with PEX water system. Yates, Dave // Contractor Magazine;Mar2002, Vol. 49 Issue 3, p20
Presents information on the PEX water system. Advantages of the water system; Considerations in installing the PEX tubing; Guidelines in calculating water pressure.
- How Buenos Aires did it. Ruano, Lida Estela // Caribbean Business;6/26/1997, Vol. 25 Issue 25, p12
Gives information on how Metropolitan Buenos Aires privatized it water system in 1993 through a 30-year concession contract with Compagnie Lyonnaise des Eaux. Comments from Gustavo L. Criscuolo, vice president of the Ente Tripartito de Obras y Servicios Sanitarios; Criscuolo's recommendations...
- Back to Basics. Ellis, Rebecca; McKew, Howard // Engineered Systems;Feb99, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p11
Presents the Free-Cooling Water-Side Economizer System, Advanced System, Design and Commissioning tests.
- The business of government. Perlman, Ellen // Governing;Aug98, Vol. 11 Issue 11, p42
Looks at the contracting method used by the city of Atlanta in order to outsource its water system. Amount vendors have to put up to make a bid for the contract; What the city plans to do after reviewing the bidders' suggestions; Comments from Paula Moskowitz, director of Procurement Services...
- Lake water will chill Toronto. Wright, Andrew G. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;09/07/98, Vol. 241 Issue 9, p19
Reports the replacement of individual chillers in several downtown buildings in Toronto, Canada, with a looped cooling pipeline fed by water drawn from Lake Ontario. Requirements for the lake cooling water system; How the Toronto District Heating Corp.'s Deep Lake Water Cooling functioned.
- Persistence of MS-2 and PRD-1 bacteriophages in an ultrapure water system. Governal, R A; Gerba, C P // Journal of Industrial Microbiology & Biotechnology;May97, Vol. 18 Issue 5, p297
The persistence of bacteriophages MS-2 and PRD-1 was evaluated in tap water, in reverse osmosis (RO) permeate, and in three locations within an ultrapure water system; ultrapure samples included pre- and post-UV sterilization and post-mixed bed ion exchange tank. The inactivation rates for MS-2...
- LC system. // LC-GC North America;Jan2012, Vol. 30 Issue 1, p76
The article offers brief information on the Acquity UPLC I-Class system from Waters Corp.