Challenges and Choices for California's Great Central Valley
- Rural grass-roots organizing in eastern Europe: the experience from Lithuania. Arunas Juska; Arunas Poviliunas; Richard Pozzuto // Community Development Journal;Apr2006, Vol. 41 Issue 2, p174
This article examines rural grass-roots organizing in Lithuania. A conceptual scheme is proposed to differentiate among three types of activities prevalent in rural community building: the initiation, voluntary communal activities, and not-for-profit communal activities. The model is applied to...
- Farmers can direct $3.3 million to nonprofits. // Delta Farm Press;9/12/2014, Vol. 71 Issue 36, p16
The article discusses the Americaâ€™s Farmers Grow Communities program which partners with U.S. farmers to contribute donations to nonprofit organizations in rural communities such as fire departments and food pantries, and states that the program has contributed $1,317 million to nonprofits.
- (REGIONAL FUNDING) Ford Family Foundation (CA & OR). // Children & Youth Funding Report;9/10/2010, p1
The article offers information on the Ford Family Foundation in the U.S. The foundation aims to develop successful citizens and build vital rural communities through funding areas such as positive youth development, access to health and dental services for children, and child abuse prevention...
- Kansas Sampler Foundation announces rural promotion classes. // High Plains Journal;7/22/2013, Vol. 131 Issue 29, p11B
The article reports that the Kansas Sampler Foundation, a non-profit organization for agriculture, has announced that it will organize rural promotion classes for the Rural Kansas: Come and Get It project in order to promote local attractions to be held in several places of Kansas in 2013.
- Workforce UPDATE. // Toledo Business Journal;Sep2014, Vol. 30 Issue 9, p12
The article reports on the developments in the workforce sector in Ohio as of 2014. Updates from the Regional Growth Partnership (RGP) and JobsOhio include the decline in employment in the state, lists of the top 10 hiring corporations and manufacturers, and the top occupations. Proactive effort...
- HERDERS AND THE AMELIORATION OF RANGE: A REPORT FROM THE DESERT FRONTIER OF GUJARAT AND RAJASTHAN--COMPLEMENTARITY OF BASIC AND APPLIED DESERT RESEARCH IN INDIA AND ISRAEL. Kressel, Gideon M. // Nomadic Peoples;2003, Vol. 7 Issue 1, p189
Presents information on several non-governmental organizations sharing a commitment to better the future of India's rural communities by improving the quality of production, which would raise standard of living, thus improving quality of life. Bharatiya Agro-Industries Foundation; Gujarat...
- Reconnecting Families Affected by South Pacific Blackbirding Ships. // Australian Maritime Digest;May2012, Issue 212, p15
The article reports on the efforts of the Australian non-profit organization Blackbird International in reconnecting Australian and South Pacific families affected by the Blackbirding, pearling luggers and Islander recruiting days of the 1860s to early 1900s. Activities of organization include...
- Nonprofits and the Promotion of Civic Engagement: A Conceptual Framework for Understanding the "Civic Footprint" of Nonprofits within Local Communities. Shier, Micheal L.; Handy, Femida; McDougle, Lindsey M. // Canadian Journal of Nonprofit & Social Economy Research / Revue ;Spring2014, Vol. 5 Issue 1, p57
The literature suggests that nonprofit organizations provide civic benefits by promoting engagement within local communities. However, there exists minimal empirical evidence describing the ways in which nonprofits actually undertake this role. In order to address this omission, we conducted...
- Bangladesh-based Poverty Group Founder Wins World Food Prize. // India -- West;7/10/2015, Vol. 40 Issue 34, pA21
No abstract available.