In Hard Times, the Search for Social Justice
- Loses and Gains for Social Justice. PARSONS, WILFRID // America;1/5/1935, Vol. 52 Issue 13, p296
The author focuses on social justice in the U.S. during the year 1934. According to the author, when the realization of the ideal of social justice depends upon government, or politics, the result is said to be always a compromise. The author says that an obstacle in the path of social justice...
- Social justice: An inconvenient irony. Hunsaker, Robert // Counseling Today;Apr2008, Vol. 50 Issue 10, p21
The author reflects on how social justice act as an indicator of how politicized the mental health professions in the have become. He mentions the views of writers which emphasize the vital role of social justice activists in facilitating systematic changes in response to social injustices. He...
- Constructive Discourse. O'NEIL, JOHN // America;6/17/2013, Vol. 208 Issue 20, p43
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "Just Economics," by Stacie Beck in a previous issue.
- 08/26 - MiniTrends 2013. // Integral Leadership Review;Aug-Nov2013, Vol. 13 Issue 4, p183
The article offers information on the MiniTrends 2013: The Integration of Profit & Social Responsibility Conference to be held at the Holiday Inn Town Lake in Austin, Texas from October 2-13, 2013.
- Experiencing Democracy Through Neoliberalism: The Role of Social Justice in Democratic Education. Carr, Paul // Journal for Critical Education Policy Studies (JCEPS);Nov2007, Vol. 5 Issue 2, p10
This paper reports on research involving American College of Education students in relation to their impressions of, reactions to, and engagement with democracy. Four themes are explored: the conceptualization of democracy; the democratic educational experience of teachers; the concern about...
- Editorial. // Education;May1909, Vol. 29 Issue 9, p628
The article reflects on the transfer of the office of the journal "Education" to its new address in Boston, Massachusetts and describes its new environment. It also emphasized the values that the journal espouses. It also elaborated on the role of the community in maintaining schools of a high...
- Health activism. Laverack, Glenn // Health Promotion International;Dec2012, Vol. 27 Issue 4, p429
The author discusses health activism. He states that health activism has helped people who are low on the social gradient and whose social conditions means that they do not have access to good health care; the role of activism has been to challenge the perpetrators of social injustice. He opines...
- Redesigning MGMT 4010S: Creating A Cause Of Social Responsibility And Social Justice. Caro, Cary A.; Lirette, Kolby; Yest, Myke // American Journal of Business Education;Jul/Aug2013, Vol. 6 Issue 4, p155
An abstract of the article "Redesigning MGMT 4010S: Creating A Cause of Social Responsibility and Social Justice," by Cary A. Caro, Kolby Lirette, and Myke Yest is presented.
- True Americanism. Roosevelt, Theodore // Visions & Divisions;2008, p75
An essay is presented on true patriotism. It offers the definition of patriotism based from the author's perspective and how he conceptualized the idea of being patriotic to one's country and culture. The author also contends that being patriotic it also demand one's social responsibility...